Jet Boating 201. Rivers to learn on?

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'
WFF Supporter
I took this picture in the late 70's or early 80's. A couple navigating Shovel Spur Rapids on the Skagit river. I was perched on a rock below Hwy 20 as a group of canoe's passed through. More than one swamped. This one didn't. More guts than me. 20150307_160126-1.jpg

Last edited:

smc

I like how the sternman is so confident of their line, and how the bow paddler sits ready to act. Good team and awesome photo.

But it does look like they probably got a little swamped. :)

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Speaking of power boating.
I saw this on some other sites this morning.
Not my photo but on the Columbia today.
Both boats sank but everyone is safe with lots of folks fishing nearby to assist.

In a video someone posted, it showed one guy scrambling to put on his life vest as the boat on top was starting to sink.
SF

2CB500A4-D05B-4B35-9174-E0BA7CD284DB.jpeg

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
Both boats sank but everyone is safe with lots of folks fishing nearby to assist.

In a video someone posted, it showed one guy scrambling to put on his life vest as the boat on top was starting to sink.
SF

View attachment 251753

Holly crap, when shit goes sideways, it goes quick!

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
I like how the sternman is so confident of their line, and how the bow paddler sits ready to act. Good team and awesome photo.

But it does look like they probably got a little swamped. :)

I look at it like this...
Her... Lala lala la, oh look a deer.
Him, holding on dear for life.. oh shit were about to die!

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter

SF

View attachment 251753
Guy is literally putting his pfd on as the boat is sinking - like, within seconds of him starting to put the pfd on the boat is completely gone. Geez.

KerryS

Ignored Member

SF

View attachment 251753
That is not a good look for Team VIP.

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
That is not a good look for Team VIP.

So many times I see guides driving their boats at nearly WOT while chatting on their cell phones with other guides about where the "bite" is, and not looking straight ahead where their boat is going. It's almost surprising there aren't more accidents.

Creatch'r

Unhinged Member
One time I nearly fired GOTY off the bow at WOT when I cut a corner too tight above rockport lol. I was not facebooking and driving just had steelhead brain for a second there. Thankfully we didn’t touch bottom, he stayed in the boat and survived to secure another title and I know exactly how shallow I can run at 25mph.

For the rest of the season I drove the long way around that corner :)

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts