getting ready for more crappie fishing

Proud Dad

Not sure when we are going to get back down to Arkansas for more trout fishing, so lately Layne has switched over from tying flies/streamers to working on a variety of crappie jigs in various weights and colors. They were all we fished with this spring as it adds to the fun when we are catching fish with jigs he has tied. Hard to say no when he says, "Dad, I have some new colors to test. Can we go to the lake and try them?" IMG_3958.JPG IMG_3970.JPG IMG_3696[1].jpg IMG_3707.jpg IMG_3709.jpg IMG_3711.jpg Layne in kayak.jpg IMG_3402.JPG

Last edited:

Proud Dad

A 3 pound crappie is a big ass crappie
Nice
I didn’t know they got that big

Yes, it was the biggest crappie I have ever caught. I should have taken a girth measurement on this one. It is one of several 16"+ fish that we caught. Was glad we had nets in the boat and kayak as some of these fish were like pulling dinner plates up out of the water.
IMG_E3343.JPG

Olive bugger

Not sure when we are going to get back down to Arkansas for more trout fishing, so lately Layne has switched over from tying flies/streamers to working on a variety of crappie jigs in various weights and colors. They were all we fished with this spring as it adds to the fun when we are catching fish with jigs he has tied. Hard to say no when he says, "Dad, I have some new colors to test. Can we go to the lake and try them?" View attachment 248393 View attachment 248394 View attachment 248395 View attachment 248396 View attachment 248397 View attachment 248398 View attachment 248399 View attachment 248400
I am jealous. Good eating, those spiney rays.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts