Tiger 'skie tying discussion

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
Good call Randall
The white flies
I’ve been reading good in clear water.

oddly enough, I rarely fish white. While I've gotten some pretty hot follows on it, I've never gotten an eat (with the understanding that I rarely fish it). But, hell, if Sturza has his clients fishing mostly white, I've gotta give it more of a go.

Most of my stuff that I have confidence in is black or mostly black...like this (the white one is literally one of two that are in my box):

bmLtCvA.jpg

I also typically don't pay super close attention to dry taper (unless I'm tying something like a game changer) since once wet, that bottom fly will end up with the perfect "fishy" profile anyway.

Dr. Magill

oddly enough, I rarely fish white. While I've gotten some pretty hot follows on it, I've never gotten an eat (with the understanding that I rarely fish it). But, hell, if Sturza has his clients fishing mostly white, I've gotta give it more of a go.

Most of my stuff that I have confidence in is black or mostly black...like this (the white one is literally one of two that are in my box):

bmLtCvA.jpg

I also typically don't pay super close attention to dry taper (unless I'm tying something like a game changer) since once wet, that bottom fly will end up with the perfect "fishy" profile anyway.
Those are good looking

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
Gunnar learned his shit from Kelly Galllup and Bob P I believe
yep, only he's the one who has got the whole SBS/Youtube thing down. That being said, I probably refer back to Fleye Design far more than I do to any specific Youtube video. It's just better fore specific techniques. Plus, I'm always tinkering with additional materials added onto that basic platform.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Watching folks tie Muskie and Pike flies is addictive.
I watched this one the other day and really liked it.
Does this guy have some materials or what?

I also like watching the guy that swears in his videos, just can’t recall his name right now.
Paul Monaghan ties some really cool flies as well.

This is a pike fly but I’d have to think a Muskie would eat it.
SF

Dr. Magill

I have trouble watching a video longer than about a minute and a half so I struggle sitting though the entire thing
Been just hanging out around the place for a bit so
I’m gonna check out that book

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
Watching folks tie Muskie and Pike flies is addictive.
I watched this one the other day and really liked it.
Does this guy have some materials or what?

I also like watching the guy that swears in his videos, just can’t recall his name right now.
Paul Monaghan ties some really cool flies as well.

This is a pike fly but I’d have to think a Muskie would eat it.
SF

yep, I enjoyed that one. I've become sold on those Ahrex TP hooks too! I like 4/0 for most of my stuff, but the 6/0 have made their way in as well. Paul does a great job as well.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts