Tiger 'skie tying discussion

Dr. Magill

So do you buy this stuff by the bale or bushel? ;)
I'm finding there are lots of ways to finish the fly. I am just too new at this to add any more insight - but a guy can go through the dubbing - and the hackles - and the flash - etc. on these bad boys. They are quite fun to tie - kinda tough to cast

Dr. Magill

I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a musky setup
Open to all discussion
I like the Loomis IMX PRO M but that’s a pricey rod
Any other ideas? I know we’ve talked about some of this before but wtf right?!?!

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
Jamie, right now I'm using a Whuff 11wt musky rod. It's actually pretty sweet (total drunk purchase though). I'm also looking forward to when the new Echo musky specific rod comes out. I'm also currently having a North Fork Composites 10wt glass rod being built up for them right now (as if I need any more 10 or 11wt rods).

Outside of that, I know a lot of the midwest guys like the Chippewa Custom Rods 10 and 12wts (I've never cast them though). But yeah, those IMX Pros that Mike had were pretty damn sweet!

Dr. Magill

Any one heard of or use the St. Croix Imperial?? Also - is there an advantage for a 10 or 11wt? Just don't know why I would get one rather than the other. IO think casting will be about the same - but I'm just guessing.

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
The ones we used were 11wts. IMO, they didn't cast any different that most 10wts I've cast. They can definitely throw a bit more of a payload if necessary (I know my Whuff is a powerhouse & casts easy all day, even from a sitting down position), but then so are the Mini-Mags I still use from time to time.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info