Tiger 'skie tying discussion

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
If you're not furling you're flying coach. A twenty or twenty five pound leader from the furled leader is my system. Always knot 2 kinky bite guard of about 8" in lighter weights. It doesn't dive the fly. A falling fly isn't musky seduction.
I like coach.....I'm quite successful in coach. Sure, you can be spoon-fed in first class, but fly coach takes a little more work, yet you end up in the same place.

How long of a furled do you typically run?

dustinchromers

I like coach.....I'm quite successful in coach. Sure, you can be spoon-fed in first class, but fly coach takes a little more work, yet you end up in the same place.

They are eight feet or so once I attach all my other bits. So like four or five feet of furled. I used to use the eighty pound floro thing but the furled cast way better and fish way better. Plus it's simple. I get literally years out of each one. Put your feet up, grab a hot towel, welcome to first class. Can I get you some refreshment or alcoholic beverage? It's gratis.

dustinchromers

If you're really into exact sizes ect I'll dig out the labels and take pics.

Vandelay Industries

A wholly owned subsidiary of Kramerica Industries
Might have a trip to Mayfield shaping up for next weekend. Not much time to tie before then, but here’s a hasty first attempt. The plastic head is a bit of a cop out and will likely sacrifice some motion, but it was the only thing keeping this fly from turning into a total bucktail disaster. Too sparse?

View attachment 288348
That looks like a good fly for tuna as well.

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
Might have a trip to Mayfield shaping up for next weekend. Not much time to tie before then, but here’s a hasty first attempt. The plastic head is a bit of a cop out and will likely sacrifice some motion, but it was the only thing keeping this fly from turning into a total bucktail disaster. Too sparse?

View attachment 288348

not too sparse at all, but you're likely correct in that the plastic head will kill some of the action. One way to find out though!

Reactions: NRC

NRC

WFF Supporter
not too sparse at all, but you're likely correct in that the plastic head will kill some of the action. One way to find out though!
Trip didn’t pan out, but I’ve left the fly in a conspicuous spot to remind me to make it happen at first availability!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts