Why my bench is messy...

onefish

I phoned a buddy a while ago, he was in the middle of a de cluttering his fly tying room, not sure how but he lost his fly tying vice. My area gets messy but losing your vice is hard to do.

P-FITZ98

I actually found vices I forgot I had when I moved all my stuff. I haven’t tied anything for weeks and it’s starting to wear on me

P-FITZ98

New paint, all that remains is my crappy old table that will leave next. The empty dormer is where my reloading bench was, revealing the KJRB “sounds of the 70’s” stickers in the window, only old Spokanites would recall that station. Flooring dudes start today. Looking forward to getting back to tying. Been a month or more, seems like forever. 5ADCCA6E-E69A-485E-8D96-6B1FFBB6F07D.jpeg

P-FITZ98

Almost 3 months later update. Back to my crappy table, and my ocd set it up kinda how I was used to , as I slowly transition back to my original desk. After clearing and moving everything, I was left with a pile of miscellaneous hooks, from small to huge. I kinda organized them, and rather than going through countless packages to put them away, I am on a mission to tie them all with stuff I will fish. I started with the sz 2 and 4 Carrie Stevens hooks, and am finishing up some 3/0 Dahlbergs now,. The mess is back. It just perpetuates. But it also keeps me sane . D57E22CC-00AF-43E4-87AC-7C6D4599BCD5.jpeg

P-FITZ98

B5E71427-37E3-457C-96B0-3C899ECA80F1.jpeg F1507190-EE0C-413A-8CC2-275D04EDFD03.jpeg Mystery hook challenge....what I’m up against.I believe this is a 3/0 light wire worm hook with little barbs towards the eye, probably a cheap hook, the Cohen legs are amazing when wet.

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
not seen are large bin of bucktail, and a couple of ziplocks with saddle hackles which have to be put away after each session or the dog will murder them.

yf0i5dd.jpg

P-FITZ98

There was a shank that fit nicely on the bulkhead at bottom DCC3DF66-4717-40FA-B7C2-264BF7C2C6C1.jpeg last of the bigger stuff, I think the weird gold ones will become Valentine’s flies, and I got ideas for the weird jig ones, just gotta find the rattles FC5DB0C8-E5F0-4BE8-BA43-46BB3F197449.jpeg

BriGuy

not seen are large bin of bucktail, and a couple of ziplocks with saddle hackles which have to be put away after each session or the dog will murder them.

yf0i5dd.jpg
The package of asymmetric eyes in the lower right of the picture sure looked lika a calculator at first glance. I thought, damn, you're making this way too complicated...

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts