Why my bench is messy...

P-FITZ98

Hmmmm, I don’t think these parts are still available ... might fall into the “flure”category ? Should be interesting 8094C235-9B4C-471F-93C4-7F458B34DD7D.jpeg

P-FITZ98

Finished.. 04052832-9563-45B6-96EB-61DE52CFFAE7.jpeg Hook- weird worm jig that holds a rattle perfectly, 4/0 according to chart
LG dumbbell eyes and 4mm rattle
Body- deer hair and stacked wool
Antennae- stripped quills
Rib-20lb Maxima chameleon
Legs- good luck finding some, or similar
Shell back -nymph skin rusty brown
Tail- hen pheasant dyed brown
Eyes-black UV resin over melted 40lb test

After too much time ( I get carried away sometimes) and UV resin, I want to put it on scale. Should be interesting to cast

Last edited:

bakerite

Great looking crawdad! I too suffer from the ADD bench syndrome, but have gotten better since retirement. When working the kids would see my desk covered with papers etc. and just crack up! My principal gave a ration of shit about it the first time he saw it. Then he figured that I could really teach and didn't ever go there again. Thank goodness there are all kinds of people in the world!

P-FITZ98

I’m thinking it’s going to become a bass fly with weed guard. Time to spin some shit on it and see what happens I guess. I figured it was for people with bad eyesight

Speyrod GB

4 bugs but eliminated 8 hooks from the mess. Bonus.
6ABD961B-8F22-4B0E-B2ED-93EB32C71EE8.jpeg
Those look sweet. I really like the brown and yeller one. I am guessing the hair was stacked during the creation of the heads.

P-FITZ98

Those look sweet. I really like the brown and yeller one. I am guessing the hair was stacked during the creation of the heads.
Yes, and thanks. It’s actually maroon, which I have found to be magical at times. Was really upset last night I couldn’t find my maroon deer hair. I’m still looking. It’s a mess haha

Speyrod GB

As it should be. Nothing quite like an active tying area. I have no doubt that fly will work just fine on browns. I can't wait until I can set my tying area backup. RV living makes it a little difficult at times. Keep up the good posts.

Bob Newman

Yes, and thanks. It’s actually maroon, which I have found to be magical at times. Was really upset last night I couldn’t find my maroon deer hair. I’m still looking. It’s a mess haha
Better clean up that bench again ! If it helps I only clean the bench once a year.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts