FS ** SOLD ** Sage 890 RPLX

Daz

** SOLD **
Sage’s classic graphite fly rod in exceptional “as new” condition. This rod has been stored indoors in its sleeve and tube since new and has only been cast a handful of times. It is in perfect condition without a single mar or flaw. The cork has been sealed with U-40, but that’s the only difference from when it was brand new.

This is a nine foot, two-piece 8wt graphite rod in Sage’s beautiful translucent dark amber color with a black uplocking reel seat and silver colored guides. It includes the original brown Sage cloth sleeve and tan aluminum Sage tube (both also in excellent shape). It also comes with the original (blank) warranty card.

I can honestly say that I haven’t cast it more than a half-dozen times. I’d always wanted a Sage and I bought this rod with every intention of fishing it hard, but day after day I kept finding myself throwing my cheaper rods in the boat and leaving this one at home out of fear of scratching or dinging it. I considered keeping it for special trips, but just can’t justify more than two or three rods of the same weight if they’re not going to get equal use.

RPLX 1_resize.JPG RPLX 2_resize.JPG RPLX 3_resize.JPG RPLX 4_resize.JPG RPLX 5_resize.JPG RPLX 6_resize.JPG RPLX 7_resize.JPG RPLX 8_resize.JPG

Last edited:

DrHare

The Coho King
** SOLD **
Sage’s classic graphite fly rod in exceptional “as new” condition. This rod has been stored indoors in its sleeve and tube since new and has only been cast a handful of times. It is in perfect condition without a single mar or flaw. The cork has been sealed with U-40, but that’s the only difference from when it was brand new.

This is a nine foot, two-piece 8wt graphite rod in Sage’s beautiful translucent dark amber color with a black uplocking reel seat and silver colored guides. It includes the original brown Sage cloth sleeve and tan aluminum Sage tube (both also in excellent shape). It also comes with the original (blank) warranty card.

I can honestly say that I haven’t cast it more than a half-dozen times. I’d always wanted a Sage and I bought this rod with every intention of fishing it hard, but day after day I kept finding myself throwing my cheaper rods in the boat and leaving this one at home out of fear of scratching or dinging it. I considered keeping it for special trips, but just can’t justify more than two or three rods of the same weight if they’re not going to get equal use.

View attachment 249316 View attachment 249317 View attachment 249318 View attachment 249319 View attachment 249320 View attachment 249321 View attachment 249322 View attachment 249323
THANKS DAZ! The rod arrived today. I see why it is so clean and one hates to use it,,,,it is a fine pc of art.. The 2 pc is exactly what I have been searching for now manufacturers have gone to multi pc.

Reactions: Daz

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts