Trip Report St J'

para_adams

I enjoyed a few days in Idaho for the first time in years. Water levels were great, pull-outs were generally full with other fly fishers and the cutts were persnickety, often rising and turning away from our dry flies. Nymphs rarely got any love. But even with all those challenges, it was a great time and I got to fish with my son which is a rare treat. We caught enough, saw some wildlife, baked in the sun and soaked in the beauty of a deep river valley covered in cedars.

untitled-2.jpg untitled-3.jpg untitled-4.jpg untitled-5.jpg untitled-6.jpg untitled-7.jpg untitled-8.jpg untitled-9.jpg untitled-10.jpg untitled-11.jpg untitled-12.jpg untitled.jpg

para_adams

Classic dry fly gear, beautiful stream too. Time spent with your boy is priceless.
I am blessed that besides being a great son, he now loves to fly fish with me. How great is that!? His bamboo rod is the one with the red wraps with the Medalist reel. I made that rod for his college graduation using a Granger 8040 taper blank made by a PNW rod maker. It was the only rod he used all three days on the Joe. Very cool.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts