IMHO - there is a problem with WFF

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Single A ball so far.
We are about 11 months out when the real fun begins.
July 2021.
Wait for it......that first report of humpies being caught.
Yellow and white rods, upside down spinning reels, lack or etiquette, pink buzz bombs awards, rules violations, kings magically become humpies, sun burns and sand panko.
Put it on your calendar.

Nothing wrong with WFF in my opinion.
SF

KerryS

Ignored Member
Single A ball so far.
We are about 11 months out when the real fun begins.
July 2021.
Wait for it......that first report of humpies being caught.
Yellow and white rods, upside down spinning reels, lack or etiquette, pink buzz bombs awards, rules violations, kings magically become humpies, sun burns and sand panko.
Put it on your calendar.

Nothing wrong with WFF in my opinion.
SF
Boat launch shenanigans...the best show in the state.

dustinchromers

I remember back in the day some good humored dudes caught a nice hatchery winter steelhead then drove up to the Wilson River where the north fork dumps in, got a nice picture and posted it on iFish. It's super tiny water up there with basically ZERO steelhead, but there is a big parking area. The next weekend there were about 10 "internet fishing sluths" pounding the water. Classic misdirection.

I don't really take fish photos much less post them. I've fished with those in the past that insist. I've used this tactic. Nothing like a dead limit of chromers at some identifiable but barren water to get some misdirection going. I sometimes drive by after a buddy posts a red herring and am content at the full parking pullouts with like three steelhead to compete over. I've even gone so far as to stage a "victory walk" across a farmer's field three drainages over where all are sure to see. It's even better to have some crazy fly that is "the hot ticket" dangling from your line. Other highlights have been returning to a boat ramp on a stand up jetski with a limit of chromers and a fly rod bungeed on the handle pole being sure to emerge from some slough where all can see but is fishless. Extra points awarded for seeing beached sleds awaiting the tide wedged in there. Truthfully I go back there after fishing to eat lunch and watch the abundant bird life. Yes, I take a jetski back there and yes I do fish with it. Why? It's funny and I don't own a sled. You've never seen fishermen so confused and anger turning to curiosity as cruising by on your ski with a brace if coho in the tray. They know they hate jetskis but they are in a power sled and can't say much and the visible fish and rediculous nature of the whole thing is enough an oddity to at least garner curiosity along with derision.

Back to the main subject at hand. I'd say military action should be a second resort after diplomacy has failed.

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
I remember back in the day some good humored dudes caught a nice hatchery winter steelhead then drove up to the Wilson River where the north fork dumps in, got a nice picture and posted it on iFish. It's super tiny water up there with basically ZERO steelhead, but there is a big parking area. The next weekend there were about 10 "internet fishing sluths" pounding the water. Classic misdirection.

Sounds like something I'd do....

keekster4504

... they can always ignore me or not respond to the heat like a 13 year old girl who didnt get a pony.

The longer you act like a little school girl not getting her pony....the longer the drama plays out.

Holy jeez I can’t believe I just read this whole thread. Thanks a lot, insomnia.

As a 7th grade teacher, I’d just like to state for the record that I’ve probably dealt with more tantrums from 13 year old boys who didn’t get their way than I have from girls. Just sayin :rolleyes:

KillerDave

Have camera, will travel...
I usually tell people exactly where I've been fishing. It's like a double bluff & they don't know what to think.

For instance, my avatar photo was taken on the Sandy River 2 miles below the mouth of the Salmon River in March too many years ago.

dflett68

WFF Supporter
That thread was entertaining and most importantly, a good reminder for me to hit that river next time I'm up there!
shit, the river name had been redacted by the time i read the thread. maybe someone would be willing to angrily pm me with the name?

dflett68

WFF Supporter
i wish i had the ability to do more. crying about hotspotting on here has virtually 0 real world effect on the challenges facing out rivers near dense populations. I don't expect WDFW to improve enforcement anytime in the foreseeable future (and i do support WDFW and wardens). I can't think of any rivers in WA that are fishing better now then they did 10 years ago, and thats a trend i expect to continue until we eventually love our native fish to death and lose the opportunity to interact with them outright.

i think calling it out 1-1, gently and respectively, with a little rational explanation, has a meaningful real world impact. i know of at least 3 regular posters who really fish a lot on here who initially gave info in their reports which exposed sensitive streams, but when i (and/or others) pm'd them it made total sense to them and they welcomed the input. they fish and report a lot in season but don't hotspot and i think the credit goes to discreet, friendly input from people who love the resource as they do.

i think you get a little different result when someone is already looking for a fight and trying to provoke someone to throw the first punch. mr. goddamnit felt like one of those to me.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts