NFR Does this Sprinter Van make my trust fund look big?

duggiefresh

A top line Chevy Tahoe can get close to $80k. Might as well as gatekeep those owners too.

But in all seriousness, often times bringing in high paying jobs requires making the area more desirable, and that often means "change." It does suck as a local to have new businesses, trendy breweries and restaurants come in, but it's how you keep tourists and new transplants happy.

How do we build affordable housing? For cities and towns that might mean taxes, or partnering with new developers (which also piss off locals). It's difficult to keep all locals happy, and bring in positive change.

Dustin Bise

reformed hot-spotter
i dont see the point in complaining about tourists in a tourism based town. want less tourists? move to havre.....

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
i dont see the point in complaining about tourists in a tourism based town. want less tourists? move to havre.....

Havre doesn't want you either.
JSDFwlvf_o.gif

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
WFF Supporter
I kinda see the modern day version of Paul Maclean writing that. The dew was knocked off Montana years ago. Most Americans will NEVER make it to Montana. The few that do, aren't they somewhat kindred spirits?

Think of all the people whose energies and money are siphoned off by cruise companies, theme parks, all inclusive resorts, the entire monstrosity of Las Vegas, or Reno, or the pantheons of professional sportsball or hundreds of other amazing and supposedly fun places. Or maybe all the foreigners whose idea of the US is pretty much only NY City....

I would far prefer to hang out with some folks in a sprinter van and some wanderlust...

gt

if you are thinking about Bozeman, you are about 20 years too late. same goes for the Sawtooth valley in Idaho. both places used to be remote and not jam packed with people trying to look cool.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
if you are thinking about Bozeman, you are about 20 years too late. same goes for the Sawtooth valley in Idaho. both places used to be remote and not jam packed with people trying to look cool.
When I used to go there 30 years ago, my friends told me the same thing...exactly the same thing...and when they moved there in 1970, they were assured by the old timers they were 20 years too late.

It's called perspective...

IveofIone

WFF Supporter
Living on the edge of wilderness near a hick town doesn't seem that bad any more. I'm not feeling any pressure as the result of Covid19 and can pretty much avoid any contact other than a bi-monthly trip to the super market. I am used to peace and for the most part-quiet. There is no place I want to go to "get away from it all" as most places I would usually go this time of year are being swarmed. Maybe by Sept things will dial back a little but with schools not opening up there will still be hordes of campers out there.

Going to places like Bozeman, Missoula, Helena and other 'recreational' western cities seems strange to me as those cities are all overcrowded and suffering massive sprawl. And all have streets that look exactly like Van Nuys Blvd looked 50 years ago.
Like Boot, I would rather hang out with folk that still have a little spirit of adventure and to whom camping means something more than ordering room service.

With everyone suddenly wanting to 'get away' I find that I am somehow ahead of the curve right now. I have been 'away' for 20 years as of August 1st. Dark skies, little noise and not a single traffic light in the entire county-it could be worse!!

Dustin Bise

reformed hot-spotter
Living on the edge of wilderness near a hick town doesn't seem that bad any more. I'm not feeling any pressure as the result of Covid19 and can pretty much avoid any contact other than a bi-monthly trip to the super market. I am used to peace and for the most part-quiet. There is no place I want to go to "get away from it all" as most places I would usually go this time of year are being swarmed. Maybe by Sept things will dial back a little but with schools not opening up there will still be hordes of campers out there.

Going to places like Bozeman, Missoula, Helena and other 'recreational' western cities seems strange to me as those cities are all overcrowded and suffering massive sprawl. And all have streets that look exactly like Van Nuys Blvd looked 50 years ago.
Like Boot, I would rather hang out with folk that still have a little spirit of adventure and to whom camping means something more than ordering room service.

With everyone suddenly wanting to 'get away' I find that I am somehow ahead of the curve right now. I have been 'away' for 20 years as of August 1st. Dark skies, little noise and not a single traffic light in the entire county-it could be worse!!
doesnt newport have a traffic light? (sorry for the hotspotting ahead of time)

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
Sporting the latest athleisure wear by Fjallraven or Kuhl
I'm not even gonna google that stuff!

Same shit was happening in Vail CO back in the 70s when the cops had Saab Turbos to chase bad guys. One restroom poet summed it all up nicely with: "Fuck you and the Porche you rode in on."

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts