The August Roger Stephens SRC Report

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
WFF Supporter
I picture a crowd in a vast amphitheater, waiting patiently for The August Roger Stephens SRC Report. The room is hot, People are both tired and excited. They know their energies could summon Roger from somewhere behind the stage. No one has Covid, no one gets Covid, it is back in the good time, though somehow still now.

Someone shouts:

"Hey Roger, is it heating up or what?"

someone else....

"Roger-I've heard it said that SRC fishing was not as good for them this year, but who cares about them, right? What about you? For you, well.....I can hardly believe that.... Did this cool summer preserve fishing for SRC into August this year?"

others mumble, distractedly, with hope that THE Roger Stephens would somehow hear that same question and, that somehow, he would answer, and with volume they could clearly understand.

No doubt, if the answer came it would be Sphinx-like, a Puget Sound koan. Maybe on the magics of topwaters corrugated and buckled with strange and fantastic energies. The very ideas of RS lit with a mild bioluminescence that comes only when your approach to light, to night, to the unknown is fundamentally different. But when you see it, you see to the very depths of matter. To places now illuminated, where continental plates dive and rise with enormous undersea energies we can't possibly fathom. At least until a tiny light throws big shadows.....

Others stick fingers in their mouths and summon a devil's whistle, as if summoning a djinn.

Roger Stephens, a demon of the Sound? Oh hells no.....

Some hold their lighters in the air.

The stage lights have not yet come up.

From the back, from the way back someone starts the chant

"Roger.....Roger.....Roger"

And like a sequined tipped slider drawn up into a furrow of currents, a ripple of energy spreads.

Others catch the wave of growing excitement.....

"Roger....Roger.....Roger....." until their chanted devotion has a pulse, at first a little brady, and then tachy and as the vesper truly gets going, a mad and loud fibrillatory demand, a mania, an extratropical cumolonimbic mega stratus storm so full of pressure differentials and energies it earns the equivalent of a meteorological name...

The August Roger Stephens SRC Report.....

C'mon Roger, let's hear from you! @Roger Stephens

Jim Darden

I picture a crowd in a vast amphitheater, waiting patiently for The August Roger Stephens SRC Report. The room is hot, People are both tired and excited. They know their energies could summon Roger from somewhere behind the stage. No one has Covid, no one gets Covid, it is back in the good time, though somehow still now.

Someone shouts:

"Hey Roger, is it heating up or what?"

someone else....

"Roger-I've heard it said that SRC fishing was not as good for them this year, but who cares about them, right? What about you? For you, well.....I can hardly believe that.... Did this cool summer preserve fishing for SRC into August this year?"

others mumble, distractedly, with hope that THE Roger Stephens would somehow hear that same question and, that somehow, he would answer, and with volume they could clearly understand.

No doubt, if the answer came it would be Sphinx-like, a Puget Sound koan. Maybe on the magics of topwaters corrugated and buckled with strange and fantastic energies. The very ideas of RS lit with a mild bioluminescence that comes only when your approach to light, to night, to the unknown is fundamentally different. But when you see it, you see to the very depths of matter. To places now illuminated, where continental plates dive and rise with enormous undersea energies we can't possibly fathom. At least until a tiny light throws big shadows.....

Others stick fingers in their mouths and summon a devil's whistle, as if summoning a djinn.

Roger Stephens, a demon of the Sound? Oh hells no.....

Some hold their lighters in the air.

The stage lights have not yet come up.

From the back, from the way back someone starts the chant

"Roger.....Roger.....Roger"

And like a sequined tipped slider drawn up into a furrow of currents, a ripple of energy spreads.

Others catch the wave of growing excitement.....

"Roger....Roger.....Roger....." until their chanted devotion has a pulse, at first a little brady, and then tachy and as the vesper truly gets going, a mad and loud fibrillatory demand, a mania, an extratropical cumolonimbic mega stratus storm so full of pressure differentials and energies it earns the equivalent of a meteorological name...

The August Roger Stephens SRC Report.....

C'mon Roger, let's hear from you! @Roger Stephens
OMG.....you've just hot spotted Puget Sound, now you're going to get some flaming PMs......don't you know the rules????......;)

Gladly. I have it bookmarked. A classic by Wadin Boot:

Roger Stephens

Another classic post by Wadin' Boot! I had a big grin on my face while reading his post.

A couple of years ago I stopped posting fishing reports . Now if I can get a picture of a + 20 inch sea-run cuttroat that would be worth a post.

I have had some success catching small(8 to 12") sea-run cutthroat the past 2 months. The last time out I landed a large sea-run cutthroat on my second cast using a top water delia squid pattern. It was the only fish hooked for the rest of the day so I am got skunked. The water temperature was 61 degrees F. It is probably close to 70 degrees F. now and is time to stop fishing for sea-run cutthroat in that part of marine area 13 to not stress the fish.

On Saturday I will be fishing some excellent beachs in northern part of marine area 13 where water temperatures should cool enough to not stress sea-run cutthroat.

roger

Last edited:

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
WFF Supporter
Ladies and gentlemen (pauses)

ROGER.....STEPHENS ( BOOT holds his arm out in invitation, crowd goes ape shit, everyone is clapping, cheering,Boot exits stage left, Spotlights train on Roger... 5 minute ovation before Roger can calm them down with some standing air pushups)

I have had some success catching small(8 to 12") sea-run cutthroat the past 2 months. The last time out I landed a large sea-run cutthroat on my second cast using a top water delia squid pattern. It was the only fish hooked for the rest of the day so I am got skunked. The water temperature was 61 degrees F. It is probably close to 70 degrees F. now and is time to stop fishing for sea-run cutthroat in that part of marine area 13 to not stress the fish.

roger

See the August Roger report is where he reminds everyone to do the South SOund version of hoot owl, it's a public service to all of us.....

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts