Hoot Owls come to MT

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
The Interactive fishing guide mapper usually shows which rivers are closed. They are marked in Red. I was just there and some of those rivers aren't marked as of yet. But I don't have to worry about those closed waters as they are to far away for me. So I'm safe for now.

the_grube

Getting toasty over there? I don't mind the hoot owl closures since I prefer to fish mornings in summer. But it tends to concentrate more pressure on the rivers during the open hours

Bowbonehead

Yeah its been hot here too but the rivers are still high for this time of year ...... thanks to a big snowpack ..... cooling trend starts tomorrow which should get us through August .....

girlfisher

Does anyone else feel we should have the same kind of restrictions on some of our lakes? I emphasize the word "some" in regard to those that our relatively shallow and historically have large summer kills.

the_grube

109deg forecast for Roseburg OR tomorrow... that makes my hot tub a place to cool down in...

My guess is hoot owl is coming to the N Umpqua

I was a part of a grassroots Hoot Owl Closure in Nevada a few years back. Was encouraging to see the flyfishing community respond so well, even without formal or legal teeth involved. Here’s the video I made:

Reactions: smc

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts