Oregon Camping

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
Honestly it's so hard to get a campsite in this state. And when I do go to these campgrounds (wife's family does a few such things a year I drop in on), nearly all the plates are out of state. Most the locals I know complain that it's extremely difficult to go camping in this state unless you make reservations a year in advance (what my in-laws do).

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
That is what my folks did for years.
Make reservations well in advance to assure they got sites at their favorite camping spots on the Oregon coast.
SF

Greg Armstrong

WFF Supporter
Honestly it's so hard to get a campsite in this state. And when I do go to these campgrounds (wife's family does a few such things a year I drop in on), nearly all the plates are out of state. Most the locals I know complain that it's extremely difficult to go camping in this state unless you make reservations a year in advance (what my in-laws do).
Evan, this could just as easily be said for here in Washington. It's the same problem here - campsites are tough to get and are at a premium.

I think WA should do the same for State Parks - as well as for out of state ferry riders...

Last edited:
Reactions: et

wetswinger

Interesting. One thing I like about Oregon is all the nice campgrounds that are run by the counties and many of the private camps are gems also. Washington? Ehh, not so much..I will gladly pay the up-charge to stay at my favorite state camp, if I can get in. Nobody is working much, they've all gone camping. Trailer sales have boomed..

Chucker

Chucking a dead parrot on a piece of string!
30% surcharge. It’s not going to slow down the influx of out of state campers, but it might help with the finance deficit.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts