PSA: Buffs are OUT in Idaho

SpudFly

Should be fishing
It seems the populace is grossly confused and quite angry. I have paddled a kayak on the local lake for 2-4 hours a day here for the past three weeks in 90+ degree heat and intense sun. Seeing as my face was about melting off the bone from reflected UV rays, the Buff did what the buff does best.

And even though it was worn “half head”, meaning it covered my ears and everything with an expansive hat overtop (I’m even wearing full sleeved shirts), I have literally been accosted day in and day out with people SCREAMING at me all sorts of statements about “how Covid can’t get me on the water” or “look at this fu$&ing moron!*chuckle chuckle*”

Has the whole world lost its fucking mind?
I didn’t mark this “non fishing related” because I’m expecting fly fisherman to experience this real soon or maybe you already have?

Buffs just turned the insanity level of my kayaking up about 3000%.

Matt B

WFF Supporter
It seems the populace is grossly confused and quite angry. I have paddled a kayak on the local lake for 2-4 hours a day here for the past three weeks in 90+ degree heat and intense sun. Seeing as my face was about melting off the bone from reflected UV rays, the Buff did what the buff does best.

And even though it was worn “half head”, meaning it covered my ears and everything with an expansive hat overtop (I’m even wearing full sleeved shirts), I have literally been accosted day in and day out with people SCREAMING at me all sorts of statements about “how Covid can’t get me on the water” or “look at this fu$&ing moron!*chuckle chuckle*”

Has the whole world lost its fucking mind?
I didn’t mark this “non fishing related” because I’m expecting fly fisherman to experience this real soon or maybe you already have?

Buffs just turned the insanity level of my kayaking up about 3000%.
Well if it makes you feel better, I still think you’re cool.

SaltyCutt

Beach Bum
WFF Supporter
Such fucking morons. My local Tacoma gas station owner was getting heckled yesterday after asking a couple kids to go put masks on. They did and then started clucking at him and calling him chicken!? WTF is wrong with people. He said he gets mocked every day for masks.

cdnred

Relax.....some are headed to Sturgis for a week of sharing fat chicks and cheap whiskey off the bottle.
They wont be around much longer.
I just saw on the news how these guys are descending into Sturgis. It's like a big orgy, no social distancing, drinking straight out of the bottle and NO FACEMASKS being worn. The city actually tried to get it cancelled for fear of COVID and yet these guys came anyways. We'll be hearing about all the new cases of COVID that resulted from this gathering very soon..

Last edited:

Bugmeister

Idaho does have the distinction of electing Larry Craig MANY times for Senate and House seats as The Conservative Voice of Traditional American Values. When the police questioned ole Larry after arresting him in a Minneapolis airport for some attempted shenanigans with a male plainclothes officer, Craig claimed that hell no he wasn’t gay (having vocally opposed gay rights and been a proponent of discriminatory legislation that would have been a tough look i guess) - he just “adopted a wide stance” while going the bathroom.

I guess I’m trying to say give those ID folks who heckled you the benefit of the doubt - maybe they aren’t anti-maskers but rather have just adopted a wide stance when heckling kayakers ;)

Last edited:

Krusty

Outta Here
I've been to the Sturgis rally a couple of times, decades ago. We've plenty of places to ride and much closer and every bit as scenic as the Black Hills (especially when you're not sharing the road with thousands of riders, many quite incompetent....you hear ambulance sirens all night long from the dopes crashing bikes while inebriated).

Having been there, I can't think of too many worse places to visit during a pandemic.

Snopro

It's sad things are so politically charged the spudmind goes directly to COVID and skips Melanoma. They probably think it's a hoax too.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts