PSA: Buffs are OUT in Idaho

Krusty

Outta Here
There's a pretty high level of smugness, self satisfaction and know-it-all-ness as well as self-righteousness in this thread. There are at least two sides to this COVID stuff and room for many reasonable positions. Not a single early prediction of disaster, of millions dead etc., has turned out to be true. Some might say that's because we reacted but the Swedes for example did not and their overall experience has not been bad. It is not stupid to be skeptical especially of the pronouncements of politicians and especially when the forecast track record has been so poor. Most people emphasizing masks place 100% of their emphasis on avoiding ANY casualties to COVID - effectively a zero risk posture. Nothing in life is zero risk and there is no credible reason or moral imperative to take that position now. The response to COVID has, for all practical purposes, created unemployment and dislocation far worse than the Great Depression. We are, without hyperbole, in danger of destroying the middle and working class for 10-20 years with the economic consequences of the lockdown. At roughly age 70, I'd rather see my life risked and preserve the middle class. OTOH, there is no excuse for pure rudeness and incivility. I have homes in SE Idaho and W WA. I've experienced just as much, IF NOT MORE, rudeness, hypocrisy, & idiocy from people along the I5 corridor as from people out in the country in Idaho.
Troll.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
There's a pretty high level of smugness, self satisfaction and know-it-all-ness as well as self-righteousness in this thread. There are at least two sides to this COVID stuff and room for many reasonable positions. Not a single early prediction of disaster, of millions dead etc., has turned out to be true. Some might say that's because we reacted but the Swedes for example did not and their overall experience has not been bad. It is not stupid to be skeptical especially of the pronouncements of politicians and especially when the forecast track record has been so poor. Most people emphasizing masks place 100% of their emphasis on avoiding ANY casualties to COVID - effectively a zero risk posture. Nothing in life is zero risk and there is no credible reason or moral imperative to take that position now. The response to COVID has, for all practical purposes, created unemployment and dislocation far worse than the Great Depression. We are, without hyperbole, in danger of destroying the middle and working class for 10-20 years with the economic consequences of the lockdown. At roughly age 70, I'd rather see my life risked and preserve the middle class. OTOH, there is no excuse for pure rudeness and incivility. I have homes in SE Idaho and W WA. I've experienced just as much, IF NOT MORE, rudeness, hypocrisy, & idiocy from people along the I5 corridor as from people out in the country in Idaho.
LOL

:rolleyes:

Old406Kid

Take it from me and my first hand experience here in Boise that a very large part of the population here does not take the issue seriously at all with this Covid thing. Very sad and trying to get the fuck out of here as soon as possible.
I have already been in 3 different involuntary verbal altercations for just being from Washington State. They see my Seattle license plate banner and call me a filthy liberal and tell me to get fucked and go home.

You're lucky, Boise is alot more progressive than Northern Idaho.

jamma

It seems the populace is grossly confused and quite angry. I have paddled a kayak on the local lake for 2-4 hours a day here for the past three weeks in 90+ degree heat and intense sun. Seeing as my face was about melting off the bone from reflected UV rays, the Buff did what the buff does best.

And even though it was worn “half head”, meaning it covered my ears and everything with an expansive hat overtop (I’m even wearing full sleeved shirts), I have literally been accosted day in and day out with people SCREAMING at me all sorts of statements about “how Covid can’t get me on the water” or “look at this fu$&ing moron!*chuckle chuckle*”

Has the whole world lost its fucking mind?
I didn’t mark this “non fishing related” because I’m expecting fly fisherman to experience this real soon or maybe you already have?

Buffs just turned the insanity level of my kayaking up about 3000%.
The answer to your first question is, only in America.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
CoVid is serious as a heart attack, amputations, blood clots , septic shock,acute liver damage or failure etc etc...CoVid 19 is an equal opportunity reaper. So why people don't take it seriously is beyond my comprehension because I just don't want what many politicians over a long course of time believe to be true. The US public on the whole are gullible and incredibly stupid because they consistently have something blow in their ear qnd they more than turn their head, they go bat shit crazy.

Krusty

Outta Here
What would you expect? Idaho rates in the bottom 20% in terms of education. Northern Idaho is even more deficient.

surfnfish

Kicked
Gotta go with the Intelligent Darwinian theory in play...rock getting over crowded, Mother Nature pondered...hmm....got it, will roll out a pandemic, likely get a global reduction in dumb as well by the time it's over...

Gorgefly

Just returned from almost two weeks fishing in Idaho. McCall and as Sun Valley areas. Most places required masks and no one ever said anything to me about wearing one. I’d never wear one fishing on a river or out on a lake though. What’s the point?

Krusty

Outta Here
Just returned from almost two weeks fishing in Idaho. McCall and as Sun Valley areas. Most places required masks and no one ever said anything to me about wearing one. I’d never wear one fishing on a river or out on a lake though. What’s the point?
Nobody said you should.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info