PSA: Buffs are OUT in Idaho

wetswinger

This pandemic is natural selection in action. Overpopulation brings disease and culls the sick and old out of the herd. Don't wear a mask and your unadaptive genes are out of the mix. Goodbye.....

Reactions: gt

Bruce Baker

The city council approved it. Only one voted no. Maybe they changed their minds, but 7 weeks ago I read it while traveling cross country. We drove through the area and I saw the sign for the rally and googled it. Pretty mind blowing, but S. Dakotans weren't taking it too seriously when we stayed in Rapid City.
South Dakota has no face mask requirement nor restrictions on public gatherings. I believe the city did cancel all city-sponsored events. No one owns the event, so they did not think they could cancel it. Plus a lot of the events/gatherings I think occur on state-owned land.

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'
WFF Supporter
Wow. Someone questions your point of view, politely although directly, and you're response is to call names. That's exactly the behavior the posts were complaining about from country folks just turned around. Thank you for making my point that idiocy & hypocrisy can be found anywhere.
So what else is new? :rolleyes:

Mems

I wear my buffs all the time. I have been wearing buffs for years. Now it is a great way to cover up during the covid pandemic. I wear the Columbia buffs with the dots, it is like air-conditioning. If they yell at you for wearing a buff tell them the next time they get the hiccups just look in a mirror and they should be fine..

jaredoconnor

WFF Supporter
My home city in Australia had its first cases around the same time as Seattle. Through competent leadership and a lockdown that was actually respected, they haven't had any cases in about two months. Apart from the short lockdown, everything has been running as usual and the economy has barely been affected. There's many other examples like this. Masks, social distancing and lockdowns work.

The problem we have here is that the people who sabotaged those strategies are the same people who are saying that they don't work and the economic cost is too high. They made their own self fulfilling pandemic.

bpatton

Kicked
My home city in Australia had its first cases around the same time as Seattle. Through competent leadership and a lockdown that was actually respected, they haven't had any cases in about two months. Apart from the short lockdown, everything has been running as usual and the economy has barely been affected. There's many other examples like this. Masks, social distancing and lockdowns work.

The problem we have here is that the people who sabotaged those strategies are the same people who are saying that they don't work and the economic cost is too high. They made their own self fulfilling pandemic.
God that makes me sad

Mike T

Just spent 10 days in ID fishing and still working through withdrawals being back. All the stores in the Wood River Valley required masks. The fly shop in Picabo did the same. I wore a buff everyday i was on the water. Not so much for Covid but for an area on my face that looks to be pre cancerous to my dermatologist.

Never caught any shade, or received any negative comments. I do hope the original poster’s experience was an outlier.

Reactions: Hem

SpudFly

Should be fishing
If you're cruising up to an Idaho lake with Washington plates in these times be thankful all you're getting is some verbal abuse. Passed 2 Washington-plated cars on the Lower CDA river last weekend with 8 flat tires between them. Either that road was tackier than I anticipated or the locals are tiring of the 'invasive species'.
I live two miles from where I paddle and I have been here for 13 years. The NF of the CDA has been in the news lately for the “floaters” literally parking their vehicles in the roadway. Common responses from locals hearing that people are being towed is, “tow WA plates first”.

I’m not at all surprised that WA plated vehicles are getting shanked in Shoshone County.

People in Kootenai County have been calm so far, but it’s not going to be long before you don’t want to have a WA plate in Shoshone county. That will eventually bleed into Kootenai County.

SpudFly

Should be fishing
Some people can be very ignorant and stupid at times. More then likely these same people that were laughing or screaming weren't wearing face masks at all.
Yeah, that’s la-la land stuff here. I live here. I don’t wear a mask outside or even inside if the establishment employees choose not to wear masks. That’s kind of how it goes here.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts