FlyCraft Stealth Craft Question

flyfishmt

To all,
I am toying with the idea of selling my drift boat and buying a Flycraft Stealth Craft. I want something I can haul in my toy hauler or back of truck to various lakes in Montana to have the luxury of camping and fishing. I also want something good enough for my local rivers the Yellowstone and Bighorn. I like the idea of the small engine for chasing gulpers on Hebgen along with the ability to row it around.

Any info from a member that owns one or has used on will be greatly appreciated.

PV_Premier

Any info from a member that owns one or has used on will be greatly appreciated.

Very tippy...at least the original version...not self bailing...

I think they are trying to address those gaps in the newer stealth X version, but I have not been in one of those yet, others here probably have.

I have been considering a small, nimble raft but the Catchercraft SRB and Sotar Micro Strike are higher on my list of considerations by far. I also like the 2-person watermaster (Bruin?) and the Outcast boats.

Maybe the stealth has its place on very narrow creeks as a way to move between runs for wade fishing. But you could not pay me to stand up in one.

Last edited:

Dustin Bise

reformed hot-spotter
i personally hate them. probably my least favorite boat i see on the rivers. its like they built a shit boat and made up for it with marketing and #prostaffs

Dustin Bise

reformed hot-spotter
taken from the description of the stealth X. i wonder if the build quality is as good as the marketing text. Apparently (according to there marketing pictures), the boat is so good there is no reason to even wear a PFD in one.

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
I have floated and fished from a FlyCraft. As PV mentioned, it is tippy and lacks a self bailing floor. I have paddled and fished from a canoe for over 50 years, but the elevated front seat position - which is great from a casting and fishing perspective - had me feeling unstable most of the time.

I wasn't aware of the Stealth X, but I think the added width and self bailing floor are exactly what the FlyCraft badly needed. In which case the Catchercraft might check all the boxes for you and at less cost.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Looked into them at one time but never fished one.
One thing that stood out was the warranty.
Three years is pretty weak considering you can get a five year warranty on a float tube....
SF

802flyfish

End of discussion.

Tim Ihle

End of discussion.

Sotar is ten times the boat. Plus you will not find a tougher material on the market.

Dustin Bise

reformed hot-spotter
Dustin. Since all your posts are 2 minutes apart. Why didn't you just put them all in one post. It would of saved time and space.
there is no shortage of space on the internet. as far as time, you could save lots by that ignore button, or even by not typing a complaint. though i dont recommend it. thanks for the feedback! :) at least all three of my posts were related to the topic at hand.

Poff

WFF Supporter
You might want to reach out to @BDD and talk with him about the different Catchercraft options they have sometimes that aren’t on the regular list. He had some boats last fall that seemed like a really great alternative to the Flycraft and similar boats on the market with the ability to customize the frame.

12.5’ length, 17 inch diameter tubes, 2 main air chambers and 1 in the floor, 7 inch bow and stern rise, 58 inches wide, 4 inch floor height, inside width about 24 inches

Here a link to one he sold last fall.

https://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/forum/index.php?threads/151415/#post-1525861

Last edited:

Matt B

WFF Supporter
To all,
I am toying with the idea of selling my drift boat and buying a Flycraft Stealth Craft. I want something I can haul in my toy hauler or back of truck to various lakes in Montana to have the luxury of camping and fishing. I also want something good enough for my local rivers the Yellowstone and Bighorn. I like the idea of the small engine for chasing gulpers on Hebgen along with the ability to row it around.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts