SeaTimes - Hundreds of sea lions to be killed on Columbia River in effort to save endangered fish

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
Seems like a good band aid idea. I don't know. Question, why are they budgeting money to kill them humanely? Sell tags, get salmon recovery funds! This "We got to spend money so someones feelings don't get hurt" shit has got to stop.
The issue there (safety aside) would be what to do with the carcass. Stellar sea lions are far too big for most people without special equipment to remove from the water. And as someone who lives along the Columbia, I don't particularly like bloated sea lion corpses. We have a few of those already from the vigilante crew that already does this.

Charles Sullivan

The issue there (safety aside) would be what to do with the carcass. Stellar sea lions are far too big for most people without special equipment to remove from the water. And as someone who lives along the Columbia, I don't particularly like bloated sea lion corpses. We have a few of those already from the vigilante crew that already does this.
Can't the blow them up with explosives like they did that one whale?

Go sox,
cds

Gyrfalcon21

Honoring Vets
One detrimental factor that made California Condors rare was that historically there were surpluses of dead sea mammals and such washing ashore for the condors to eat. As man killed off marine life, far less natural food source was available for coastal condors, driving more inland that were poisoned eating bad/laced carrion.

So one important uptick in the bigger scheme of things is that there are more pinniped and whale carcasses to feed the chain-not unlike the need for tons of salmon carcasses feeding streams with nutrients.

5196afbcb6b30.image.jpg

Last edited:

dustinchromers

Probably right. I do enjoy the guns on alligator boat videos though. :)

I always thought a celebrity guided hunt with some Ted Nugent style characters using various tactics would both raise money for conservation and make for some truly great cringe worthy television.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts