Initiative to stop non-I netting in PS region?

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Caught trout and cutthroat all my life. Im after big game on light tac. No chum either. We need areas like Hoodsport so a guy can actually pay for their license in meat. It is a meat fishery not for enjoyment of flyfishing. I have my areas for that. Anyway, I see your point, but we need to rid this State of NT netting so the folks that actually pay for their production can take a fish. Places you can have kids fish. PLEASE JUST COMMENT ON HOW TO START AN INITIATIVE BASED ON THE ECONOMIC LEGISLATION THAT DIED A FEW YEARS BACK. It makes logical sense to the average citizen. IF YOU KNOW OF THE RIGHT ORGANIZATION, OR COMBO, LET ME KNOW. Im a greener CO and most of the trout unlimited folks ect are not doing a good job of taking one factor out of the catch. If I pay for 100 fish, like to catch more than 2 that supplement a dying industry. These folks wont go away.

I actually think we should buy a NT permit. Then I could ask some nice fly folks to cast away at the fish I circle up for them. Not sporty, but plenty of true sport fisheries.

You should contact these folks and see if they’d be willing to help you with your drive to get an initiative on the ballot.
SF

B

bennysbuddy

on the other hand if they ban sport fishing you could possibly make a living as a commercial fisherman, It's always the other guy messing things up

wetline dave

I don't think an initiative to ban commercial harvest would be passed by the voters. A ban on gill nets was voted down resoundingly a few years back.

Besides habitat and ocean survival are the big culprits and commercial non indian netting is a minor, nearly insignificant factor.

Good luck with your endeavor, though I think your time and money and energy could be better applied else where..

Dave

DrHare

The Coho King
on the other hand if they ban sport fishing you could possibly make a living as a commercial fisherman, It's always the other guy messing things up
Should have gone to law school and learned some logic. Sports license fees pay for it all. Go figure what NT commercial pay to ruin sport opportunities. Research the past economic bill a few WA legislators canned.. Obviously Ive caught attention from mostly spams on my first forum, learned lesson and over and out on this topic folks. It is just unfortunate this State does not have management that stands up, does real enhancement (hatcheries are not enhancement) or fish groups that can do more than have fly tying clubs. Do something to eliminate NT nets or just continue point fingers at Canada, Tribes, NT, Seals and Sea Lions, Climate change-El La, Orcas, and if all fail Trump or thank Obama. Westport was quite a place in the day, and NT commercial wiped it out with canneries.

B

bennysbuddy

Should have gone to law school and learned some logic. Sports license fees pay for it all. Go figure what NT commercial pay to ruin sport opportunities. Research the past economic bill a few WA legislators canned.. Obviously Ive caught attention from mostly spams on my first forum, learned lesson and over and out on this topic folks. It is just unfortunate this State does not have management that stands up, does real enhancement (hatcheries are not enhancement) or fish groups that can do more than have fly tying clubs. Do something to eliminate NT nets or just continue point fingers at Canada, Tribes, NT, Seals and Sea Lions, Climate change-El La, Orcas, and if all fail Trump or thank Obama. Westport was quite a place in the day, and NT commercial wiped it out with canneries.
So you don’t think the thousand of sportiest fishing bouy ten have any thing to do with the decline or the mass of charter boats the use to be out of Westport are blameless, remember it’s always the other guy who messed it up.

DrHare

The Coho King
So you don’t think the thousand of sportiest fishing bouy ten have any thing to do with the decline or the mass of charter boats the use to be out of Westport are blameless, remember it’s always the other guy who messed it up.
So you might be a NT netter? The NT netted the Chehalis and canned every fish they could kill for the east folks. No understanding of spawning. Charter fishing makes economic sustainable sense for the entire area, NT nets not. Ever see the NT Chehalis Flop a native overboard? Eliminate a known kill factor, then go to the next, logically. Kill sea lions, more NT take from the rec side, no improvement.

DrHare

The Coho King
You should contact these folks and see if they’d be willing to help you with your drive to get an initiative on the ballot.
SF

Thanks for useful info Stonefish. This is the info I really wanted. I will follow check with this ccawashington.org group to see what they are actively doing and see if they are ready to run another initiative. Remember the WDWF quote, opening new NT netting to make up for loss in Sport fishing." I asked her to say that again really slow. Overall, the economics of more sport, makes the state better. I call it the ice and snicker bar effect. END OF FORUM PLEASE and thanks for my first member lesson.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts