Initiative to stop non-I netting in PS region?

Didn’t WDFW back out of their agreement to ban netting on the mainstream Columbia? I certainly don’t view the agency as an advocate for sports fishermen. They would probably view it as a success if no fish returned to the tributary rivers.

DrHare

The Coho King
That doesn't align with his views!
Well the NT weirs/traps kill fish the same and now illegal so guess NT nets do align. Troublemaker you are, I be catching kings on flies between netting, you and bunny can spam more and wait for your chum. If you respond again you admit your a gear guy who only eats chum. END CHAT...Forum closed...move on

KerryS

Ignored Member
Well the NT weirs/traps kill fish the same and now illegal so guess NT nets do align. Troublemaker you are, I be catching kings on flies between netting, you and bunny can spam more and wait for your chum. If you respond again you admit your a gear guy who only eats chum. END CHAT...Forum closed...move on
Traps are selective.

B

bennysbuddy

It's Benny,& they are now using fish traps on the Columbia to tag fish for research purposes

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I’m not sure what the “chummer” references are intended to mean.
That you fish for chum?
If so, consider me a chummer.
There are a number of folks on this board that enjoy fishing for chums in both the salt and rivers.
They aren’t stacking their freezers with them but as a sport fish to catch and release and they put up a good fight on your 8 wt.
SF

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
looks like the 3yr old is have a tantrum, is time for a spanking or a time out!

Life really sucks when now one agrees with your view point, eh DR bullshit.

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
They used fish traps to catch the bulk of the fish

Depends when and where you are referring to. Gillnets caught the largest % on the Columbia, Willapa Bay, Grays Harbor, and PS. Up to about 1927 fish traps caught a lot of PS salmon, but I don't think they ever caught the majority. At the peak, fish wheels caught 3% of Columbia River spring and summer Chinook.

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
I own one conventional rod that has not seen water since 2015 when my dad was in town.

And I am a proud chummer. I’ve never kept one but pretty fun on a fly rod and I look forward to it every year.

@DrHare is a god damn chummist.

Edit. After 14 years I may have found my tagline for WFF.....“Proud Chummer”.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts