WTB Looking for Jim Vincent’s Rio Intermediate Clear Shooting Head

herkileez

WFF Supporter
I know this may be a longshot.
I'm looking for an older RIO 250-300 gr (8 wt?) intermediate sink 25' head. I'm assuming it would be the pre-outbound series. It may have been an integrated line, but i want to use just the head, and loop it to a mono running line, for the beach. Anyone have an idea (or better yet, one available) what I'm talking about?

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Don’t recall that on. Was the head clear with a mono core?
You could always buy a OBS Intermediate short with a blown out running line and cut the head off.
The 8 wt is 330, so cutting it back a foot at a time might get you were you want to be.
The 7 wt is 265 @ 30’, so you’d need to go with a bit longer head if it was 250 you were looking for.

Rio might sell just the heads as well with factory loops already installed that might work for you.
SF

herkileez

WFF Supporter
I'm going by the recommendation of a longtime beach fisher. He said it's an old head that's not made any more. I have tried OBS lines, but found the casts seemed to collapse in a heap.

herkileez

WFF Supporter
Found out this is what I'm looking for:
Jim Vincent’s Rio Shooting Head Fly Line Intermediate 30 Ft Clear 9 Wt 256 Gr

I found one on Ebay, but they don't ship to Canada. Wondering if anyone here has one.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts