Grande Ronde River

theleo91386

fixed it for ya. even when i try to take a "polite" approach as all my forum brothers recommend, it still does no good. i should just go back to trolling about it?
Read my post before your original one and keep your polite (or otherwise) comments to your self when it's apparent you don't know the area. The spots mentioned are known, they've been in magazine articles, are at capacity nearly every weekend June-August, and take 1-2 minutes to find on a google search. If you need to give me grief about it you better be jumping on anyone that says "the lower Yakima is bad for trout fishing, go higher" for hot spotting violations.

Quite spots haven't been mentioned.

GAT

Dumbfounded
I always remember it as Grandeeee Rondeeee so I remember the silent "e"s.

Last I checked, NEO is still considered fairly remote so to mention vague areas of the region are not going to suddenly start a stampede of anglers. There are much larger and more fish located in other regions of Oregon.

Dustin Bise

reformed hot-spotter
Read my post before your original one and keep your polite (or otherwise) comments to your self when it's apparent you don't know the area. The spots mentioned are known, they've been in magazine articles, are at capacity nearly every weekend June-August, and take 1-2 minutes to find on a google search. If you need to give me grief about it you better be jumping on anyone that says "the lower Yakima is bad for trout fishing, go higher" for hot spotting violations.

Quite spots haven't been mentioned.

your reading way to much into my post. i simply suggested that people DM specific spots. thats nothing to get riled up over. i never claimed any thing was secret. calm down. i wont be keeping any comments to myself, is it your place to tell me what i can and cannot say? ok dad.

theleo91386

your reading way to much into my post. i simply suggested that people DM specific spots. thats nothing to get riled up over. i never claimed any thing was secret. calm down. i wont be keeping any comments to myself, is it your place to tell me what i can and cannot say? ok dad.
It's as much my place to tell you what to say as it is your to suggest we have to restrict naming highly trafficked, easy to find places to DM's. If you're going to act like the hot spotting Gestapo even when you know nothing about spot mentioned, expect to get called out on it. If you feel the need to reword my posts to indicate I'm lazy or don't care about the fishing experience of others, you can also expect a hostile response and be told to piss off.

We clear where we stand on this or do I have to come up with more politically correct ways of saying "act like a douche, and I'll treat you like a douche"?

Dustin Bise

reformed hot-spotter
It's as much my place to tell you what to say as it is your to suggest we have to restrict naming highly trafficked, easy to find places to DM's. If you're going to act like the hot spotting Gestapo even when you know nothing about spot mentioned, expect to get called out on it. If you feel the need to reword my posts to indicate I'm lazy or don't care about the fishing experience of others, you can also expect a hostile response and be told to piss off.

We clear where we stand on this or do I have to come up with more politically correct ways of saying "act like a douche, and I'll treat you like a douche"?

lmfao. ok Felicia.

Rob Allen

I always remember it as Grandeeee Rondeeee so I remember the silent "e"s.

Last I checked, NEO is still considered fairly remote so to mention vague areas of the region are not going to suddenly start a stampede of anglers. There are much larger and more fish located in other regions of Oregon.

The camping and wildlife are better out there than the fishing, I don't think anything out there could be hot spotted. Maybe the spring time steelhead fishing which people shouldn't be doing anyway. Hotspotting would more likely have to do with huckleberries

GAT

Dumbfounded
The camping and wildlife are better out there than the fishing

Yup. The very reason I live on the other side of the state … there's a heck of a lot more fishing opportunities over here then over there. Beautiful place but the fishing is … meh . Underwhelming for the majority of the time.

Bob Newman

I heard two boats crashed into each other and sunk at buoy 10 … must be a tad crowded when folks are running into each other on the ocean !! :eek:
I've fished at Buoy 10. When the tide changes everyone wants to be on the line. I was in my 17 foot boat with a fish on with a 40 foot charter 20 feet from my stern. Buddy kept the boat in place until I got the fish in then we got out of there. Finished our limits in 20 minutes 100 yards away from the "fleet" and were done before we saw many fish caught in the heavy traffic. Did that before with limits of chinook not even near the fleet and done an hour before the tide change.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts