Buff performs "very well" if doubled over

hookedonthefly

I wear an N-95 and a homemade mask that I sew,- i.e. - double; but, it is for the “comfort” of others.

I am not an anti-mask/vax dude: but, I ain’t taking no vaccine that has to be stored at -20 to -70 degrees that they put ethylene glycol/anti-freeze in that has a very limited number of clinical trials.

My buddy, Dr. Lall and I do about 3-5 hours a week of research on this S+ and compare notes/review of studies.

It remains that we do not fully understand completely how this S+ can be/is transmitted. He fully is a mask fan. He’s also OCD; so, he wipes everything down that comes into his home with a bleach wipe too.

When evaluating masks, you really need to look at the micron size of a virus. Aerosolized viral particles can travel 36’. 6’ ain’t S+. IMHO, masks may help; but, a lot of other means of “it” being transmitted.

And, by the way, SARS-CoV-2 PCR testing accuracysucks.
Peace, Ed

b_illymac

Soap Lake Posse
WFF Moderator
I wear an N-95 and a homemade mask that I sew,- i.e. - double; but, it is for the “comfort” of others.

I am not an anti-mask/vax dude: but, I ain’t taking no vaccine that has to be stored at -20 to -70 degrees that they put ethylene glycol/anti-freeze in that has a very limited number of clinical trials.

My buddy, Dr. Lall and I do about 3-5 hours a week of research on this S+ and compare notes/review of studies.

It remains that we do not fully understand completely how this S+ can be/is transmitted. He fully is a mask fan. He’s also OCD; so, he wipes everything down that comes into his home with a bleach wipe too.

When evaluating masks, you really need to look at the micron size of a virus. Aerosolized viral particles can travel 36’. 6’ ain’t S+. IMHO, masks may help; but, a lot of other means of “it” being transmitted.

Peace, Ed
Polyethylene glycol. Slight difference. Often used as a laxative. Have you had a colonoscopy? If so you probably drank a gallon of it the night before to clear ya out ;)

psycho

In Canada there are no standards for masks, you can wear anything. So I wear a mask made of Tulle, look it up. It is wonderful, easy to breath through. I have never been questioned about my mask, as I said no rules.

hookedonthefly

Good catch Ya’ll...missed the Poly...Always willing to learn; but, what about the side effects of such and other “ingredients”. I don’t understand why last year’s flu vaccine was so ineffective but promoted so heavily. Every person I know that got last year’s flu had the flu vaccine. Peace, Ed

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
Not trying to convince anyone of anything, but just to provide information to help in the decision-making process:

Flu vaccines are a bit of guess work. Every year an educated guess is made as to what the prevalent flu variant will be that year, vaccine is produced ahead of time so it is available prior to the flu season. Sometimes the guess is off; however, the neutralizing antibodies produced from the said vaccine still have some cross-reactivity with there "off-target" flu variant; thus, they do provide some protection, but not complete. Also, if you get the flu, it will likely be less severe than had you not been vaccinated.

Just to be clear, there is no guesswork involved with the SARS-COV2 vaccines. The mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) are incredibly efficacious (90 to 95%), very close to the gold-standard of the measles vaccine (93% [1 dose] to 97% [2 doses]). I have not seen the complete safety data set yet, but what I have seen for the Pfizer vaccine is very clean (good), with a serious adverse event (SAE) rate (0.6%) very comparable to the placebo (0.5%). Please note, this rate includes SAEs that were judged by the Investigators to be not related to the treatment (eg, the Investigators were blinded, ie, they did not know whether the study participant received the actual vaccine or the placebo). In the vaccine group, for 21621 study participants, 3 were reported with an SAE the Investigator judged to be related to the treatment (ie, 0.014%).

The one potential concern is the rate of anaphylaxis (allergic reaction), at about 1 in 100,000 to date, which is higher than expected (all were reported outside of the clinical studies, ie, these were all reported since the public release of the vaccine). One should know, that of the cases reported to date (I think 3 in the US - I need to sort through the data), at least 1 individual had a previous history of anaphylaxis. Also, not to minimize, but anaphylaxis is relatively easily treated in the clinic (think Epipen).

Cheers

Last edited:

jwg

Peace, Ed
These are among the best vaccines in human history.

And using this new RNA technology, it is known exactly what is in them, by contrast to conventional vaccines that have a lot of other biological material in the because they are based on viruses or bacteria.

Agree, masks and 6 ft distance are not enough. I seriously limit time indoors anywhere else but home, and take advantage of curbside pick up as much as I can

J

hookedonthefly

I hope...Did basic looking. On the move; but, even though it’s Poly, still not stoked. Great information above. Non sure on mRNA yet. My head hurts.

hookedonthefly

No trying to convince anyone of anything, but just to provide information to help in the decision-making process:

Flu vaccines are a bit of guess work. Every year an educated guess is made as to what the prevalent flu variant will be that year, vaccine is produced ahead of time so it is available prior to the flu season. Sometimes the guess is off; however, the neutralizing antibodies produced from the said vaccine still have some cross-reactivity with there "off-target" flu variant; thus, they do provide some protection, but not complete. Also, if you get the flu, it will likely be less severe than had you not been vaccinated.

Just to be clear, there is no guesswork involved with the SARS-COV2 vaccines. The mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) are incredibly efficacious (90 to 95%), very close to the gold-standard of the measles vaccine (93% [1 dose] to 97% [2 doses]). I have not seen the complete safety data set yet, but what I have seen for the Pfizer vaccine is very clean (good), with a serious adverse event (SAE) rate (0.6%) very comparable to the placebo (0.5%). Please note, this rate includes SAEs that were judged by the Investigators to be not related to the treatment (eg, the Investigators were blinded, ie, they did not know whether the study participant received the actual vaccine or the placebo). In the vaccine group, for 21621 study participants, 3 were reported with an SAE the the Investigator judged to be related to the treatment (ie, 0.014%).

The one potential concern is the rate of anaphylaxis (allergic reaction), at about 1 in 100,000 to date which is higher than expected (all were reported outside of the clinical studies, ie, these were all reported since the public release of the vaccine). One should know, that of the cases reported to date (I think 3 in the US - I need to sort through the data), at least 1 individual had a previous history of anaphylaxis. Also, not to minimize, but anaphylaxis is relatively easily treated in the clinic (think Epipen).

Cheers
Dang. Thank you for posting. Share information and thoughts; and, Catch my mistakes.

Nootropics for “the fog” post C-19 and also other cognitive disorders. Thoughts? Peace, Ed

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
I hope...Did basic looking. On the move; but, even though it’s Poly, still not stoked. Great information above. Non sure on mRNA yet. My head hurts.

I hope I didn't make it hurt, but if I did, I might make it hurt more:

I also should have disclosed from the start, I do not work for Pfizer or any Pharmaceutical, all info posted is publicly available (I can provide the links, and will shortly); however, this is what I do for a living, that is, I help design and write clinical trials and the resulting clinical study reports (ie, the results of said trial). I generally specialize in oncology trials (my training is in molecular oncology), but I also have done some vaccine work and have actually helped on a couple of COVID-19 treatment trials (treatments, not vaccines).

With regard to the mRNA vaccines, these as mentioned above should be safer, and potentially more efficacious than many other vaccines. The mRNA encodes the "Spike protein", which is like the antennae that allow the virus to attach to a cell protein and then be taken in by that cell (creating infection). With the mRNA vaccines, the cell take up the vaccine, then produced the "spike protein" and releases it. Since the "spike protein" is foreign, it causes an immune reaction, and your body now produces antibodies to the "spike protein". Now, if you are exposed to the SARS-COV2 virus, the antibodies you have bind to the virus and in simple terms, mop it up and present it to other components of the immune system to destroy.

The plyethylene glycol (PEG) is a component the lipid nanoparticle (think fat droplet) that protects the mRNA and allows it to be taken up by cells in your body (see bag 3 of the link provided for a nice diagram), the rest of the link will provide you additional info.
1609707971583.png

NEJMra2035343

I would be happy to help if you want additional information.

Cheers

hookedonthefly

I also should have disclosed from the start, I do not work for Pfizer or any Pharmaceutical, all info posted is publicly available (I can provide the links, and will shortly); however, this is what I do for a living, that is, I help design and write clinical trials and the resulting clinical study reports (ie, the results of said trial). I generally specialize in oncology trials (my training is in molecular oncology), but I also have done some vaccine work and have actually helped on a couple of COVID-19 treatment trials (treatments, not vaccines).

With regard to the mRNA vaccines, these as mentioned above should be safer, and potentially more efficacious than many other vaccines. The mRNA encodes the "Spike protein", which is like the antennae that allow the virus to attach to a cell protein and then be taken in by that cell (creating infection). With the mRNA vaccines, the cell take up the vaccine, then produced the "spike protein" and releases it. Since the "spike protein" is foreign, it causes an immune reaction, and your body now produces antibodies to the "spike protein". Now, if you are exposed to the SARS-COV2 virus, the antibodies you have bind to the virus and in simple terms, mop it up and present it to other components of the immune system to destroy.

The plyethylene glycol (PEG) is a component the lipid nanoparticle (think fat droplet) that protects the mRNA and allows it to be taken up by cells in your body (see bag 3 of the link provided for a nice diagram), the rest of the link will provide you additional info.
View attachment 266480

NEJMra2035343

Cheers
My liver might hurt...But, bring it. Will read tomorrow. Gotta walk best friend dogs. Love it. Safe Travels, Ed

hookedonthefly

View attachment 266480

NEJMra2035343

Cheers
Nootropics and. “the fog”? Specifically, Piracetam and Piracetam-like drugs. My buddy has it.

jwg

These are among the best vaccines in human history.

And using this new RNA technology, it is known exactly what is in them, by contrast to conventional vaccines that have a lot of other biological material in the because they are based on viruses or bacteria.

Agree, masks and 6 ft distance are not enough. I seriously limit time indoors anywhere else but home, and take advantage of curbside pick up as much as I can

J
And the other point to make about these vaccines is that they give you better immune protection than getting the actual viral disease and recovering, without the illness and without the danger of death or long term disability.

J

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts