Big Island Papio

Mems

xlltoYGl.jpg

Took a break from offshore last weekend. Got this papio over on the kona side. Had a school of three GT's show up but I was fishing my 8wt and they didn't want a shrimp fly. Got this omilu instead. Didn't see any bones,the water has warmed up and they have been pretty scarce this summer. Going back out for more pelagics this long weekend, need some fresh sashimi.

SilverFly

xlltoYGl.jpg

Took a break from offshore last weekend. Got this papio over on the kona side. Had a school of three GT's show up but I was fishing my 8wt and they didn't want a shrimp fly. Got this omilu instead. Didn't see any bones,the water has warmed up and they have been pretty scarce this summer. Going back out for more pelagics this long weekend, need some fresh sashimi.
Nice. Much better than the "potato chips" I was catching. Although I did have one legit dinner plate omilu blow up on a popper. Good luck in the purple water next week.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts