New Float Tube???

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'
WFF Supporter
I bought a Outcast Prowler last year. It is a brute, but then so am I physically at least, 6'4" 250 lbs. The capacity is 325 lbs. I always pack way more crap than I need so the capacity is good for me.
I've only used it 3 times I think so I haven't formed a solid opinion other than being an Outcast product I know it's going to out last me.
It's quite large, heavy and awkward to carry very far with the back packing straps IMOH. Although a younger more fit person might disagree.
One thing I don't like being long legged is the inflated seat which is part of the bottom is too short for my butt and legs.
I always feel the need to push back into the seat as it feels like I'm sliding forward with out enough seat under my thighs behind my knees.
I'm working on a fix for that though.
I have a 9" roll of stuff buoyant foam that I'm fitting in ahead of the seat that will add more support under my legs.

Buzzy

I bought a Outcast Prowler last year. It is a brute, but then so am I physically at least, 6'4" 250 lbs. The capacity is 325 lbs. I always pack way more crap than I need so the capacity is good for me.
I've only used it 3 times I think so I haven't formed a solid opinion other than being an Outcast product I know it's going to out last me.
It's quite large, heavy and awkward to carry very far with the back packing straps IMOH. Although a younger more fit person might disagree.
One thing I don't like being long legged is the inflated seat which is part of the bottom is too short for my butt and legs.
I always feel the need to push back into the seat as it feels like I'm sliding forward with out enough seat under my thighs behind my knees.
I'm working on a fix for that though.
I have a 9" roll of stuff buoyant foam that I'm fitting in ahead of the seat that will add more support under my legs.
I'm not sure about your sliding off the seat of your float tube but one thing I've seen fairly often is underinflated float tubes - perhaps that was an issue one day when we hiked into that seep?

IveofIone

WFF Supporter
Wannative, good call on the foam bolster for the seat! I had the same problem with my SFC. I bought one of those foam kneeling pads used by gardeners and double sticky taped it to the front of the seat. It raises the thighs enough to be more comfortable since the seat sits on top of it and it provides just enough "hook" on your butt to prevent that sliding forward feeling. The pad I used was about 7/8'' thick

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'
WFF Supporter
I'm not sure about your sliding off the seat of your float tube but one thing I've seen fairly often is underinflated float tubes - perhaps that was an issue one day when we hiked into that seep? I seem to recall something of the sort lol. I glad the sun came out and reinflated
Lol, I seem to recall something along those lines.
I'm just glad the sun came out and reinflated the dang thing.

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'
WFF Supporter
Wannative, good call on the foam bolster for the seat! I had the same problem with my SFC. I bought one of those foam kneeling pads used by gardeners and double sticky taped it to the front of the seat. It raises the thighs enough to be more comfortable since the seat sits on top of it and it provides just enough "hook" on your butt to prevent that sliding forward feeling. The pad I used was about 7/8'' thick
Thanks I've. I may try your solution.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts