For Leland - Popper Snapper

East Coaster

Took the day off today to do some saltwater fishing. A tropical depression off the coast had the surf roiling, and with a stiff easterly wind, I quickly decided to fish a sheltered bay instead of the ocean side. After catching a few small bluefish ("snappers") on a clouser, I thought I'd try a Miyawaki popper I had tied a couple of years back for a Puget Sound SRC trip. Not sure if @miyawaki keeps track of species caught on his design, but here's an East Coast entry:

Bluefish - Copy.jpg

Pretty banged-up fish. Caught a bunch more - loads of fun, even though like SRCs, they swipe at the popper a lot more often than they connect solidly.

miyawaki

Took the day off today to do some saltwater fishing. A tropical depression off the coast had the surf roiling, and with a stiff easterly wind, I quickly decided to fish a sheltered bay instead of the ocean side. After catching a few small bluefish ("snappers") on a clouser, I thought I'd try a Miyawaki popper I had tied a couple of years back for a Puget Sound SRC trip. Not sure if @miyawaki keeps track of species caught on his design, but here's an East Coast entry:

View attachment 252819

Pretty banged-up fish. Caught a bunch more - loads of fun, even though like SRCs, they swipe at the popper a lot more often than they connect solidly.

Hey pretty cool!
Leland.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts