Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

For Leland - Popper Snapper

786 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  miyawaki 
#1 ·
Took the day off today to do some saltwater fishing. A tropical depression off the coast had the surf roiling, and with a stiff easterly wind, I quickly decided to fish a sheltered bay instead of the ocean side. After catching a few small bluefish ("snappers") on a clouser, I thought I'd try a Miyawaki popper I had tied a couple of years back for a Puget Sound SRC trip. Not sure if @miyawaki keeps track of species caught on his design, but here's an East Coast entry:

Vertebrate Fisherman Fish Fishing Ray-finned fish

Pretty banged-up fish. Caught a bunch more - loads of fun, even though like SRCs, they swipe at the popper a lot more often than they connect solidly.

See less See more
#4 ·
Took the day off today to do some saltwater fishing. A tropical depression off the coast had the surf roiling, and with a stiff easterly wind, I quickly decided to fish a sheltered bay instead of the ocean side. After catching a few small bluefish ("snappers") on a clouser, I thought I'd try a Miyawaki popper I had tied a couple of years back for a Puget Sound SRC trip. Not sure if @miyawaki keeps track of species caught on his design, but here's an East Coast entry:

View attachment 252819

Pretty banged-up fish. Caught a bunch more - loads of fun, even though like SRCs, they swipe at the popper a lot more often than they connect solidly.
Hey pretty cool!
Leland.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.