Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

RL Winston LT-5 6wt SOLD

FS 
984 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  MakoML 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD

Downsizing and need to sell my custom wrapped Winston LT-5 6wt rod. Its a fantastically smooth, fast all graphite 5pc travel rod and built it with oversized dark nickel tip and snake guides to reduce time spent breaking ice out of the guides etc. Grip is 7-1/4" long and slightly thicker than a factory grip. Nice burl wood insert and black aluminum reel seat hardware. There are silver fish measure trim wraps at 16" and 20". Folding Fuji hook keeper for keeping big dries and smaller streamer hooks off the blank.

Ferrules are in great shape. I had to replace a few cork rings on the grip a few seasons back. Its been a great fishing rod and fishes great with half heavy WF6 lines. I like it for everything except ridiculously large streamers but it will launch a #4 Cone Head Sparkle Minnow farther than you really should be fishing it. Has a "taming guide" and all ceramic guides in lower half to reduce line slap when shooting line.

Comes in a Winston rod tube and rod cloth. There is a Winston lifetime warranty on the blank making this rod a perhaps wiser choice over a used factory rod of this vintage if worried about repair cost. I will include the blank serial number and package label. SOLD

IMG_1095.jpeg

IMG_1096.jpeg

IMG_1097.jpeg

See less See more
#4 ·
Its a 9'0" long 6wt rod. Sections are each 22-1/2" long.

I built it. I've built many dozens of rods including a bunch on Winston blanks.

Winston warranties the blank. if you break a section they will replace that section for $50 under their typical warranty program. However, they won't install the guides onto the new section. You'd have to either learn to do it or have it done for you. Doesn't cost much to wrap and finish a few guides. Shipping it to me to do it for you would cost more than the labor charge. If you break the handle section.... well thats going to cost a lot more to repair due to the cork and hardware not being salvageable.

#6 ·
Dropped price to $300 obo shipped
Downsizing and need to sell my custom wrapped Winston LT-5 6wt rod. Its a fantastically smooth, fast all graphite 5pc travel rod and built it with oversized dark nickel tip and snake guides to reduce time spent breaking ice out of the guides etc. Grip is 7-1/4" long and slightly thicker than a factory grip. Nice burl wood insert and black aluminum reel seat hardware. There are silver fish measure trim wraps at 16" and 20". Folding Fuji hook keeper for keeping big dries and smaller streamer hooks off the blank.

Ferrules are in great shape. I had to replace a few cork rings on the grip a few seasons back. Its been a great fishing rod and fishes great with half heavy WF6 lines. I like it for everything except ridiculously large streamers but it will launch a #4 Cone Head Sparkle Minnow farther than you really should be fishing it. Has a "taming guide" and all ceramic guides in lower half to reduce line slap when shooting line.

Comes in a Winston rod tube and rod cloth. There is a Winston lifetime warranty on the blank making this rod a perhaps wiser choice over a used factory rod of this vintage if worried about repair cost. I will include the blank serial number and package label. Asking $300 obo shipped to US buyers only. Payment via PayPal. PM me with questions etc.

View attachment 253338
View attachment 253339
View attachment 253340
would you entertain 250 and ill pay the pay pal fees thanks Rick

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.