North Umpqua Fire

A.A.

Winds howling outside of Roseburg last night, more of the same expected tonight. At least 3 nearby fires right now...Glide, Susan Creek, and Steamboat...plus smaller spot fires.

Crazy all over the West. Be safe everyone! Don’t take any chances. My parents lost their home and our hometown of Paradise, CA almost 2 years ago. With 50-70 mph winds the Paradise fire moved fast and was starting spot fires up to a mile away. Please don’t underestimate the danger.

Here’s a picture they took of the backyard as they left their home in Paradise. The fire looked to be about a mile away. They didn’t realize until they drove away that the front yard was already on fire. Under the worst conditions, it’s unbelievable what fire can do. Again, be safe.

BCE45451-2AF8-44B1-8E43-F25A39222EFC.jpeg

Last edited:

the_grube

I'm about 7mi from the level 2 evacuation rules for the north Bank fire... it's 4:45 and pitch dark here from the smoke... creepy.

Johnathon Quarrell

@iggie I’m so sorry this is happening. I was fishing the Metolious on Sunday and was asked to evacuate from the lower bridge area. All campgrounds emptied within an hr it was such a strange feeling. Ash was falling from the moment the sun came up. I live in Bend and the smoke yesterday was unbelievable once the wind picked up but nothing compared to what I imagine a lot of folks are going through right now. Again so sorry for your loss and to anyone who is affected by this summers fire season.

Talked to my sister today she lives up the Little River. She evacuated on her own said it was crazy in Glide. She was riding it out with friends family and a beer!

Lone Rock

Everyone from Little River road just west of Glide to Steamboat has been evacuated. I heard several homes in the Susan creek/Frontier store area have been destroyed. The fire has jumped the North Umpqua river in several locations. Winds are calm at the present time. Let’s hope for a better tomorrow!

A.A.

Here’s the current map:

8A2304E5-54C2-4890-9383-51E25064D1BF.jpeg

The tip of the fire in the East is near steamboat. More evacuations to come.

And a map of the entire West. Horrible:

426FFA39-E233-4D9A-9CA1-82B7392FC7DC.jpeg

Lone Rock

Where did the map come from and what are the red dots? Here in Glide this morning it’s only 50 with very light winds but really smoky.

Reactions: JS

the_grube

Where did the map come from and what are the red dots? Here in Glide this morning it’s only 50 with very light winds but really smoky.
My wife and I read in the news that Glide was evacuated? I'm on Northbank, about halfway between Wilbur and Glide, very smoky and considerably cooler than it has been lately as well. We have our go bags packed and are monitoring things hourly.

GAT

Dumbfounded
Now there's a fire close to Diamond Lake so the resort and campground where evacuated.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info