Trip Report Ross Lake July 2020

Took the family out to Ross Lake back in July for a 7 day canoeing camping trip. The video is kinda long so I didn't really include a bunch of the footage of me fly fishing from shore, but the fishing fantastic! Lots of big rainbows and a few cutthroats and brook trout thrown in. When we first started trolling, I was using a small tan/olive sculpzilla, and other peope we using small spoons. The streamer tended to outfish all the other lures, so everyone ended up just tying on sculpzillas and trolling those. While we caught a few fish out in the open, but I mostly caughtly the fish right next to shore, I would get as close to shore as I could without snagging. I trolled mostly with a full sink 5ips line. Not surprising points with big drop offs were very successful. Anyway it's mostly a family trip video, with a bit of other people catching fish thrown in. It just got too long so I left most of my footage out. Hope you enjoy!

Sagebrush

What a great family trip, your kids look like they had a blast!
Are there other take points than that make for a shorter trip?

msteudel

Mark Steudel
What a great family trip, your kids look like they had a blast!
Are there other take points than that make for a shorter trip?
Couple that come to mind:
1. Just take less days
2. Rent boats from the resort, not sure if they allow you to use motorboats overnight but that could make it faster to get around
3. Combustion motors are allowed so that could make it a faster trip too.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info