NFR What are you reading??

gt

my wife got me a 4 book set of the Craig Johnson series on Sheriff Longmire in the fictitious town of Durant, WY. i now have learned the series is 15 or 16 books. this should keep me going as i hide from the virus. the first one in the series was sort of tough for me to read and my attention kept wandering. the next two were better reads so i hope this last one is as entertaining.

mickeyrat

WFF Supporter
my wife got me a 4 book set of the Craig Johnson series on Sheriff Longmire in the fictitious town of Durant, WY. i now have learned the series is 15 or 16 books. this should keep me going as i hide from the virus. the first one in the series was sort of tough for me to read and my attention kept wandering. the next two were better reads so i hope this last one is as entertaining.
We sure enjoyed the TV series. Great binge watch if you're forced inside from the smoke.

Seabull

A Sand County Alamanac by Aldo Leopold

One of the most literary pieces of American writing, often poetic. The book is comprised of 4 parts, each addressing land ethics.

I believe I’ll be more in touch with my soul when I can live my life by the words and lessons in the book.

Sadly, and too ironically, he died helping a neighbor fight a wildfire before the book was published.

the_grube

Universe Without Time -- biography about Kurt Godel and his assertion that if Einstein's general relativity theory is true than time (as we experience it intuitively at least) isn't possible.

Thinking Fast and Slow -- Seminal work about two systems of human thinking, the strengths and pitfalls of each.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
Sackett's Land ....Louis L'amour
Probably the third or fourth time.
At one time in my life I had every book he ever wrote. Then my wife had a garage sale and sold them all. I was a little pissed off from that. Now I collect westerns by William Johnstone. I have damn near everyone he wrote.. When I get bored I'll pull a few out and read them. Got to keep up with Smoke Jensen. The Gun Fighter. He also has a few spinoffs from that series and I read them also.

Steve Saville

WFF Supporter
I like historical fiction. I have always been enamored with the crusades and periods before and after. Ken Follett is my favorite author. He's written several books in that period and also a trilogy about the WWI to more modern days. Can't remember the Trilogy title off hand but then that's nothing new.

McFly

McFly
All Fishermen are Liars by John Gierach. Next I plan re-read Dune prior to the WB movie, although I'll probably wait to watch it at home as I don't plan on going to a movie theater anytime soon.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts