NFR What are you reading??

Billy McFly

I'm trying to read (trying to check out) "Anxious People" by Fredrik Backman (#47 on 10 copies). I sure like his "A Man Called Ove".
Another good Backman novel that I really enjoyed is "My Grandmother asked to tell you she's sorry".
Such awesome characters.

Buzzy

Another good Backman novel that I really enjoyed is "My Grandmother asked to tell you she's sorry".
Such awesome characters.
Yes, I liked that book. I've read five or six of his books - Bear Town was really dark and so was Us Against You.

wetline dave

Just finished James Patterson's "Toys".

Futuristic novel where an elite class of augmented humans are in power and planning on wiping out the remainder of the natural human race world wide. Certainly some things to think about.

Started C.J. Box novel "Blood Trail" I've liked all of his books I've read. Joe Picket, a Wyoming game warden is the key character and he definitely gets into some interesting scrapes.

Dave

Billy McFly

I just finished "Undaunted" by John Brennen. It's an autobiography about his 30years in the CIA. He's no novalist. It's a little dry and awkward in places but the history that most of us have lived through was pretty interesting.

Now I need some Doig so Im starting "The Eleventh Man".

Chris Johnson

Just finished "Killing the Host" by Michael Hudson, an economics prof, super interesting. Now I'm reading "Breath" the new science of a lost art, by James Nestor about breathing, also very interesting.
I have not been much into novels lately, although I picked up "For Whom the Bell Tolls" the other day and remebered why it was one of my favorite books as a youth man.

Last edited:

Birdsnest

Right now I'm about 3/4 through The Curve of Time, which is a memoir of a young widowed mother of five who takes her kids on extended summer vacations along the BC coast in their 25 foot wooden cabin cruiser in the 1920s and 1930s. It's a great story, especially if you have ever spent any time up in the Islands and inlets along the east side of Vancouver Island. It must have been a great experience for her kids.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
Just finished "Killing the Host" by Michael Hudson, an economics prof, super interesting. Now I'm reading "Breath" the new science of a lost art, by James Nestor about breathing, also very interesting.
I have not been much into novels lately, although I picked up "For Whom the Bell Tolls" the other day and remebered why it was one of my favorite books as a youth man.
Both of these sound like I'd like to read 'em. For sure I will try to find James Nestor's "Breath.". My AFIB heart is only delivering approx 92% of the oxygen that a healthier heart would. I try to make up for that by breathing more fully and deeply.
My doctor once asked me if I'd ever been tested for sleep apnea, but he was just trying to cover all the bases when he was diagnosing my condition. I feel fine normally, but I can't run far without getting winded.

I just finished reading an old sci-fi novel published in 1953, "Time Out of Joint" by Phillip K. Dick. Now I'm reading a collection of his short fiction.

Last edited:

BC33

I have all Gierachs books, in paperback . I'm currently reading "At the Grave of the Unknown Fisherman". Prolly read it 3 times already. I can pick up a Gierach any time, anywhere. For anyone who hasn't read his stuff, you should.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts