NFR What are you reading??

wetline dave

Just finished Pat McManus's The Blight Way. good light weight read. Before that David Rosenfelt's Muzzled, a light mystery that is well written.

Dave

Buzzy

You should try and keep track of the names in Deep River.
It took two tries for me to get into Deep River - the first try the names made it difficult but as as Lone Watie said "Endeavor to persevere". I loved the book on the second try.

Nooksack Mac

Since it's summertime...I'm rereading the twenty or so Travis McGee mysteries by John D. MacDonald. Great stuff, though they began about 60 years ago. McGee is the private eye whose lifestyle I most envy. I'm also rereading "Lord Peter Views the Body," by Dorothy L. Sayers, which is fine fodder from the Golden Age of Mystery Fiction, even farther back.

Big Tuna

Since it's summertime...I'm rereading the twenty or so Travis McGee mysteries by John D. MacDonald. Great stuff, though they began about 60 years ago. McGee is the private eye whose lifestyle I most envy. I'm also rereading "Lord Peter Views the Body," by Dorothy L. Sayers, which is fine fodder from the Golden Age of Mystery Fiction, even farther back.
Travis McGee's still in Cedar Key
That's what ol' John MacDonald said
My rendezvous's so long overdue
With all of the things I've sung and I've read
They still apply to me
They all make sense in time
But now I'm incommunicado
Drivin' by myself down the road with a hole in it
Songs with no vibrato
Takin' the long way home

Jimmy Buffett

Buzzy

The Unreasonable Virtue of Fly Fishing by Mark Kurlansky - Kurlansky does a really good job providing history of fly fishing - back to Cleopatra (a bit tongue in cheek). Well worth reading.

herkileez

WFF Supporter
Just finished "The inconvenient Indian" by Thomas King. Very interesting commentary on treatment of first nations' people from their perspective. A definite eye-opener for me.

Buzzy

A couple weeks ago Jim Wickwire, Fred Dunham and John Roskelley were in town for the dedication of a monument to Jim and Fred (local legends) attempts (1975 and 1978) to summit K2. Listening to Mr. Wickwire talk renewed my interest in reading about climbing/mountaineering. I just finished Wickwire's book: "Addicted to Danger (A memoir about affirming life in the face of death)". The book is very good, 3.9☆,

doublebluff

Go Beavs
I am going to suggest two titles: The first is a recommendation. The second is a self-pimp...

Life on a Young Planet is an excellent account of the parallels between geology and early emergence of life on earth, It is written very well, I think.

I wrote a murder mystery a few years ago, titled Prints. It was my first effort, I am trying to get psyched up for a second one.

Last edited:

Zak

WFF Supporter
WFF Supporter
In a sci-fi vein, I just started A Psalm for the Wild-Built by Becky Chambers and it's great so far.

Buzzy

Anapurna by Maurice Herzog - Herzog and Louis Lachenal were the first climbers to reach the summit of a mountain over 8,000 meters high. The book is autobiographical and a must for anyone fascinated with stories of climbing. Fascinating read.

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Supporter
I keep looking at this thread and don't know many of the authors or titles. Most my reading is along the lines of the book I just started, the soft hackled fly by Sylvester Nemes. Just finished page 32. Weird I have come to the same conclusions all these years later. Enjoying it so far.

Attachments

• 20210730_182317.jpg
    20210730_182317.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Scott Salzer

previously micro brew
WFF Supporter
From Copenhagen to Okanogan , U.E. Fries. Copyright 1949

A true story on the Okanogan and many other places starting in the late 1880’s. Easy read and for those that have spent time in the area, great history. Likely hard to find. I have it on loan from Roper.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts