NFR What are you reading??

Zak

WFF Premium
Yes, Gene Wolfe is my favorite author and I have first editions of almost everything he published. The primary exception being the four books in the New Sun series since they were initially released in paperback only. I almost named my son Severian but my wife (at the time) wouldn't have it. LOL
The Latro In The Mist series is probably my next favorite but everything Wolfe wrote is awesome IMHO.
Always looking to use obscure SF references, I named the house on the river we are in the process of buying "Straylight" from another favorite author/book.
Haven't read much Gibson...

Poff

WFF Premium
Just finished reading 'Home Waters' this week.
Released June 1, 2021.
Written by John N. Maclean (Norman Maclean's son).

Mix of history, family, fishing, appreciating nature, and the concept of home. Made me think about 'sense of place'
Provides additional insights into the Maclean family and their community.
Enjoyable read.

1629156504523.png

Jim Travers

Watchin the mushroom show. Learnin of the fungal layers. Gotta get into the micro fibro layers. Lotta micro fibro mushroom layers.

Reactions: Zak

Big Tuna

My dog is recuperating from ACL surgery, so I've been playing nurse and reading a lot. Just finished "Rough Riders," by Mark Lee Gardner. I'm a TR fan and this was a great addition to my TR library.

Scott Salzer

previously micro brew
WFF Premium
I have offered this up in the past, no takers. I have a bunch of ff books that I won’t read again. They are free. Anybody want them, suggestions on where to donate. Next stop, Half Price Books. I am going to get rid of them.
I am not going to take the time to provide a list.

MB

Shawn Seeger

(aka. wabowhunter)
WFF Premium
I have offered this up in the past, no takers. I have a bunch of ff books that I won’t read again. They are free. Anybody want them, suggestions on where to donate. Next stop, Half Price Books. I am going to get rid of them.
I am not going to take the time to provide a list.

MB
Hey Scott, I might be in town in the next week, I will give you a call to see what's what.

Shawn Seeger

(aka. wabowhunter)
WFF Premium
Just finished two...

C.J. Box - Dark Sky - latest Joe Pickett

Mark Kurlansky - The unreasonable virtue of fly fishing now

Now unto... Bob Drury/Tom Calvin - Blood and Treasure, Daniel Boone and the fight for America's first frontier

Fotdesign

I just finished: Upstream: Searching for Wild Salmon, from River to Table by Landon Cook, which I really enjoyed. Published in 2017 (and reviewed in this forum the year it came out), it’s interesting to read it now and think about what has changed, what hasn’t around Salmon recovery, fishing practices and the current climate. I also enjoyed reading about places he fished and people that he met.

Later in the book, he talks about a group chasing Pinks on the Duwamish River. I was surprised that recognized some of the names and alias’ of fellow anglers mentioned.

doublebluff

Go Beavs
"Why Fish Don't Exist"

Unusual book that wanders through science, history, emotion, etc. Great concepts and storytelling through the beginning and middle, especially. It's worth a read.

Last edited:

wetline dave

Just finished a trio of reads that are all good reads.

Carl Hiasen's Nature Girl, Jack Higgins Eye of the Storm and Lee Childs The Affair.

Eye of the Storm may well be the best of the many books by Higgins I have read.

Dave

Big Tuna

Finished Dominion. Bit of a slog but interesting and informative, nonetheless. Picked up Facing the Mountain. It's a must-read if you have any interest in WWII history. There's a bit of local flavor which adds to already fantastic book.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts