NFR What are you reading??

matchafish

I've gotten about 1/3 through Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants by Robin Wall Kimmerer and have been enjoying it a lot so far. A great book that mixes conservation, science, and Native American culture/lore and lived experience of the author.

wetline dave

Just finished one of the best who done it' I've read in a long time. The writing moves along at a good clip and not a lot of extra BS. I read a lot and I was pretty sure I had it more or less figured out about 2\3 rds of the way through and then shifted from those two to 3 at about 3\4's of the way through and waiting for the hammer to drop and tie it all up when another hitch popped up.

When the hammer was dropped I was surprised but then thought yes all the clues were there but woven in tightly.

A really good read.
John Lescroart, "Treasure Hunt".

Dave

herkileez

WFF Supporter
Charlie Wilson's War, by George Crile. The true story of how the Texas congressman led the largest covert operation in history...1/2 way through and fascinating so far.

Buzzy

I'm anxious to read "Sangaster's Journey" by R.F. Simmons. R.F. (Dicky to me) and I met ten or so years ago, since then I've had the pleasure of fishing with Dick on four trips to Montana and two to BC. Dick wrote for the Seattle PI and later had an advertising agency in Seattle, he edited a book my friend Keith Stamm wrote. Dicky is a class act.

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
always liked his social commentary....wifey just got this one for me. Looking forward to digging into this...
6fFQoBu.jpg

Jim Darden

Try "Apocalypse Never" it will modify your thinking forever and explain why the "Green" groups seem to do ungreen things....

longputt

I’m a math geek, just finished Drunkards Walk and now starting Dark Data.

I started Sapiens but stalled great book but too verbose for me...get to the point.

longputt

Re-reading Undaunted Courage. They don't make em like that anymore. Particularly meaningful since I fished the Snake just south of Lewiston and Clarkston last weekend.
Never expected to learn so much about Jefferson...want to eat 9 lbs of venison per day???

Buzzy

My local library just reopened for business, order books online and they email you when ready to pick up. Nice because I’ve about exhausted Libby app. Two stand out:
The Poisonwood Bible by Bárbara Kingsolver
A Long Petal of the Sea by Isabelle Allende
also got the latest and probably last in the Harry Bosch series by Michael Connell, The Night Fire.
Why do you think The Night Fire is probably the last in the Bosch series? I enjoyed the book but it wasn't my favorite of his Bosch books. Really liked "Bosch" on Netflix.

Robert Engleheart

Robert
WFF Supporter
Why do you think The Night Fire is probably the last in the Bosch series? I enjoyed the book but it wasn't my favorite of his Bosch books. Really liked "Bosch" on Netflix.
Just a guess, but Bosch has been retired several years and also from his part-time gig after LAPD with a small city force (San Fernando?). Also been diagnosed with cancer, might be a couple more but believe he’s reaching the end. The TV series (on Amazon, iirc), was excellent, probably because Michael Connelly is the author and producer.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts