NFR What are you reading??

Pipeman

Sea Run Cutthroat by Richard K. Stoll & Sea Run Cutthroat Flies & Fishing by Jay W. Nicholas.

Doing alot of research on a new fishery that I would like to discover :).
Picked that up this summer and have read it several times trying to glean anything I can for trips to the beach. Les Johnson's seminal Fly-Fishing Coastal Cutthroat Trout that I found at a used book store, too.

Pipeman

I'm reading several of Timothy Egan's books. He's a Northwest author who brings to life little known characters and events of the PNW. The Good Rain is about water in the Great Northwet; people, resources, characters, and the politics that shaped this region.

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'
WFF Supporter
The Warriors Path by Lois LaAmour.
I started the Sackett series over again,
reading them in order.
Also working on "Steelhead and the Floating Line" by Bob Arnold.
Courtesy of @Stonefish.
I'll gladly pass it along if someone else would like to read it. I'm really enjoying it.

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
Just a guess, but Bosch has been retired several years and also from his part-time gig after LAPD with a small city force (San Fernando?). Also been diagnosed with cancer, might be a couple more but believe he’s reaching the end. The TV series (on Amazon, iirc), was excellent, probably because Michael Connelly is the author and producer.
I watched 5 seasons of Bosch on Prime and loved it. I hope there are more to come.

para_adams

I bought that book in hardback because i loved his other one about Vietnam Called Matterhorn. I haven’t read it yet though. But everyone else I’ve known, my dad, my husband and my friend Keith loved it. I guess I’ll have to get to it. If you haven’t read his other book, Matterhorn, you might want to check it out too.
2nd Matterhorn.

afried

New Member (since 2006)
Harry Bosch is still out and about, playing a supporting role in Connelly’s latest, “The Law of Innocence”, a Lincoln Lawyer story. I liked it.

Buzzy

Just a guess, but Bosch has been retired several years and also from his part-time gig after LAPD with a small city force (San Fernando?). Also been diagnosed with cancer, might be a couple more but believe he’s reaching the end. The TV series (on Amazon, iirc), was excellent, probably because Michael Connelly is the author and producer.
Thanks Robert - I just started watching the Bosch series (again). Really well done, I enjoy how the Amazon versions vary from his books but with enough hints to the books to make the series authentic.
Harry Bosch is still out and about, playing a supporting role in Connelly’s latest, “The Law of Innocence”, a Lincoln Lawyer story. I liked it.
Just put a hold on the book through my library system, I'm #44 of 7 copies. Going to be awhile.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
almost done with "The Eleventh Man" by Ivan Doig...I have about a dozen more of his body of work to read...I collect them from a local used and new privately owned book store called Vintage Books...love the place...and very affordable...I am making my way through most all his books...I have read a dozen thus far...Ivan passed away a few years ago. Ironically I met him in the late 80's at the Ortegon Historical Society museum where I had a career as an exhibit designer...I just figured he was another history author...Nope there is more than that. I love the way he writes.

this one next...in a couple days

Last edited:

Billy McFly

almost done with "The Eleventh Man" by Ivan Doig...I have about a dozen more of his body of work to read...I collect them from a local used and new privately owned book store called Vintage Books...love the place...and very affordable...I am making my way through most all his books...I have read a dozen thus far...Ivan passed away a few years ago. Ironically I met him in the late 80's at the Ortegon Historical Society museum where I had a career as an exhibit designer...I just figured he was another history author...Nope her is more than that. I love the way he writes.

this one next...in a couple days

I just finished that. Great read. enjoy.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
In my searches of Doig, I found an audio book version of "The River Runs Through It" read by him...did not know this...interesting

NW_flyfisher

if it's not this, then what?
my wife got me a 4 book set of the Craig Johnson series on Sheriff Longmire in the fictitious town of Durant, WY. i now have learned the series is 15 or 16 books. this should keep me going as i hide from the virus. the first one in the series was sort of tough for me to read and my attention kept wandering. the next two were better reads so i hope this last one is as entertaining.
“How to Give Up Plastic”
.....this stuff is everywhere.

NukeLDO

I'm reading several of Timothy Egan's books. He's a Northwest author who brings to life little known characters and events of the PNW. The Good Rain is about water in the Great Northwet; people, resources, characters, and the politics that shaped this region.
If you enjoy Egan's work, also give John Daniel a try....The Far Corner, Rogue River Journal, and Looking After....all good reads.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts