IveofIone

WFF Supporter
So many blunders late, you have to wonder......They started the game like gangbusters then finished with their collective tail between their legs. The real killer was the failure to get the first down during the 2 minute warning. With supposedly the best quarterback in the league and dinged up running backs, logic would dictate that plunging into the line against a 10 man front was perhaps the worst decision they could make. Three plunges later they were still 2 yards short, a first down would have iced the game.

The defense is akin to making a water bucket out of mosquito netting.

Gyrfalcon2020

Honoring Vets November 11-18th
If Moore doesn't commit that hold DK probably doesn't get the first down, let alone the TD.

DK became one of my all-time favs with that rundown. Yes, it was incredibly impressive from size/speed standpoint - but it was far more impressive from a character/heart standpoint. You can't coach that. You either have it or you don't. A lot of other guys had already quit on the play.
I think DK Metcalf's 4.33 time in the 40 yard dash at the NFL Combine is the record for a player 225lbs +.

Gyrfalcon2020

Honoring Vets November 11-18th
I listened to the game on the radio with Steve Raible calling it remotely from Seatle.
The only really great part of the day was not listening to Dori Monson blab repeatedly, "Well...the SeaHAWKS are 79-2 when leading at HALFtime with RUSSELL Wilson under Peeete Carroll"...

I swear, I am actually hoping that any loss they get from here out, they actually were ahead at half and lose to get that thought out of my head ever returning..(Dori or that stat!!).

Last edited:

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
I agree with many others ---> it was Seattle's game to lose. There are always adjustments made at half-time. The Cards made some great adjustments and the Hawks did not counter except with counter-productive ones (penalties, interceptions, lack of run game after Carson was injured, lack-luster D, etc.).... Injuries, especially this year, have really hurt all the teams including the Hawks. The Hawks do not have enough depth to overcome them like many other teams.

The Hawks normally capitalize on other team's mistakes. They had lots of chances to lock the game up and did not.

IMHO they deserved to lose.

Snopro

DK became one of my all-time favs with that rundown. Yes, it was incredibly impressive from size/speed standpoint - but it was far more impressive from a character/heart standpoint. You can't coach that. You either have it or you don't. A lot of other guys had already quit on the play.
I love watching offensive guys make defensive plays. DK's was awesome from an athleticism standpoint but it's my second favorite all time for the Seahawks.

Offense playing defense #1 play has to be Steve Largent's hit and fumble recovery on Mike Harden. Little guy smacked the big dude.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts