Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
60K views 2K replies 88 participants last post by  Ernie Adams 
#1 ·
Great drive to start the season!

#644 ·
I agree with many others ---> it was Seattle's game to lose. There are always adjustments made at half-time. The Cards made some great adjustments and the Hawks did not counter except with counter-productive ones (penalties, interceptions, lack of run game after Carson was injured, lack-luster D, etc.).... Injuries, especially this year, have really hurt all the teams including the Hawks. The Hawks do not have enough depth to overcome them like many other teams.

The Hawks normally capitalize on other team's mistakes. They had lots of chances to lock the game up and did not.

IMHO they deserved to lose.

#646 ·

Ben Watson once chased down Champ Bailey in his prime. Ben did it on heart and desire. He didn't run a 4.3. He was 255 lbs. The crazy thing is that Metcalf is 230. Dude runs like a 4.3 at 230 lbs.
Anyways, great play by Metcalf. After getting chased down a couple weeks ago, he learned to hustle to the end. Kudos to him. I think that Watson's was more impressive but that's just picking nits.

Go Sox,
cds

#648 ·

Ben Watson once chased down Champ Bailey in his prime. Ben did it on heart and desire. He didn't run a 4.3. He was 255 lbs. The crazy thing is that Metcalf is 230. Dude runs like a 4.3 at 230 lbs.
Anyways, great play by Metcalf. After getting chased down a couple weeks ago, he learned to hustle to the end. Kudos to him. I think that Watson's was more impressive but that's just picking nits.

Go Sox,
cds
I always remember this one.
At 325 lbs it was pretty impressive.
SF

#654 ·
That leverage penalty on Mayowa was a killer, that was 4 points right there. Too many mistakes down the stretch.

#661 ·
Not looking good for this weekend. The list of folks who didn't practice yesterday is more than disappointing: Jamal Adams, Chris Carson, Travis Homer, Carlos Hyde, Mike Iupati, Quinton Dunbar, Shaquille Griffin, Ugo Amadi, Benson Mayowa, Freddie Swain...

I'm going camping at the ocean this weekend and don't feel too bad about missing this game. Still where there's Russell Wilson there's a way. You all are gonna have to root the hawks on without me

#671 ·
They can and they will. Most Fighting Chickenhawk fans are unaware that injuries and other unfortunate things happen to other teams. They are generally unaware of anything football related but the fighting Chickenhawks. Do not expect them to actually know anything except that they love Russel Wilson and that they came up with the idea of the 12th man :).

As much as the 49ers made the Pat's defense look helpless last week, it will be quite interesting to me to see how the Seahawks scheme. Shanahan is Belichicks Kryptonite. Maybe Carroll has a better understanding of how to beat that offense. This one may be a shootout.

Go Sox,
cds

#679 ·
Uh, yeah, we could use him over here in Cleveland. We probably have the best pass rusher in football right now but that won't save this defense this season. We'll send you Case Keenum.
Sounds legit. I could see him heading to Cleveland if they have cap space. He's a hell of a player. Pats need draft picks.

Go Sox,
cds

#681 ·
Sounds legit. I could see him heading to Cleveland if they have cap space. He's a hell of a player. Pats need draft picks.

Go Sox,
cds
We have the space. I'd be more excited about the Browns being decent this year if the Ravens and Steelers weren't in our division, and if we hadn't lost to both already, and if Nick Chubb and OBJ weren't already injured. It figures the year we get things together that Baltimore and Pittsburgh decide to be juggernauts.

#684 ·
View attachment 258974
Not much chatter for the upcoming 49er game?
Sure there is - we're going to smoke them
Flash photography Gesture Movie Font Darkness

No mercy. Sweep the leg. RW cooks. Trey Flowers breaks single game record for interceptions. And the game where LJ Collier earns the nickname "Sacks" ... as part of the soon to be renowned defensive super duo "Snacks n Sacks".

it's gonna be sick.

#683 ·
Both teams are banged up. Im a 9ers fan, and hoping for a good game regardless. Anytime you start RW at QB, you have a chance. Even when our D line is at its best (which right now, is not the case), we struggle against mobile QBs (Murray, Wilson, etc). Should hopefully be a fun one to watch.

Not much of a shit talker, would rather watch a good, fun game than name call and talk non sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.