WTB 9' 6wt - Found

brmtn

... streaming ... ...
Looking for a nice 9' 6wt for streamers. Fishing mainly smallmouth and occasional light saltwater. Sage Z Axis? Scott Radian? I am covered on shorter 6wts. Would like a rod with a fighting butt. Thanks!

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
http://www.farmingtonriver.com/scott-radian-1/ Here's one with a fighting butt. These guys are great to work with.

I second this. I grew up 10 minutes from that shop and starting going there before they were really a fly shop. Used to buy live minnows and night crawlers there as a kid. Great little shop that would probably appreciate the business.

Radian is a great 6 weight. I have the 9’6” for cutts in Puget Sound. Love it.

brmtn

... streaming ... ...
D'oh, Someone beat me to the last 9' 6wt w/ fighting butt as I was checking out!

Porter

D'oh, Someone beat me to the last 9' 6wt w/ fighting butt as I was checking out!

doesn’t surprise me. Don’t be shy on the Sage RPL or a G.Loomis GLX first generation or Classic as called, or even a GL3 which is a very fine rod and save you a few $$$.

There’s many out there.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Older and hard to find, but if you find one it will chuck some streamer meat.
Redington CPS 9664S
Don’t but a CPX though which replaced the CPS, stiff soulless stick.
SF

garyl

Respectfully disagree with SF, at least with respect to the 9'6" 6 wt CPX that I have. It isn't a broomstick. Maybe the shorter models are, I don't know. Predator's seem to be. I also have a lightly used Hardy Proaxis 9' 6 wt that is a great medium-fast action rod. Check out some of the youtubes with Andy Mill shark fishing. I'd be interested in selling or you may still be able to find some of the Zephrus models on close out. Let me know if you would like some pictures.

Porter

Respectfully disagree with SF, at least with respect to the 9'6" 6 wt CPX that I have. It isn't a broomstick. Maybe the shorter models are, I don't know. Predator's seem to be. I also have a lightly used Hardy Proaxis 9' 6 wt that is a great medium-fast action rod. Check out some of the youtubes with Andy Mill shark fishing. I'd be interested in selling or you may still be able to find some of the Zephrus models on close out. Let me know if you would like some pictures.

Huh? Confused. Why do you disagree?

never mind I thought you were talking about
The CPS. The CPX ....yeah. Different beast. The CPS has some magic . It is unlike the CPX but that of course is MHO. Why we have so many choices in rods, but when you want something like original request I can’t put that stiff tomato CPX stick in the same realm for a reply. But ????

Last edited:

garyl

I don't find the Redington CPX tobe a broomstick. Maybe in the shorter versions, but not the 9'6". Sage Xi3's are a broomstick. Not a bad rod, but I think the tip is a little soft. that's all.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts