WTB 9' 6wt - Found

Porter

I don't find the Redington CPX tobe a broomstick. Maybe in the shorter versions, but not the 9'6". Sage Xi3's are a broomstick. Not a bad rod, but I think the tip is a little soft. that's all.

ok. Why we all like different sticks. Find the xi3 to be a good rod.

garyl

I think I would like them also in the lower weights, but I can't bend a 12 wt. Too old, I guess. I find that I'm much better in Loreto fishing my Hardy 11 wts. Of course, I haven't had a 50lb dorado on them. To each his own:)

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
My point is if you had a CPS and broke it and they replaced it with a CPX, many people were disappointed with the replacement, including myself.

Sorry for the thread drift.....
SF

garyl

Don't be sorry, a lot of the older rods are just as good (maybe better) than the newer ones. I think they achieved technological perfection a while ago and now it is just planned obsolescence. Once they started using the Nano resins, it doesn't make much difference except for the rod designers preference..

brmtn

... streaming ... ...
For anyone else looking, Trident still has the 906 Radian w/ FB at a good price. Just picked one up. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts