Camping Trip Recommendations

jaredoconnor

WFF Supporter
Thanks for all the replies and PMs folks! I think I have enough info for now. I will resurrect this thread if that turns out to not be the case. :)

LilCutts

fish & whistle
WFF Supporter
You might look at Camp Sherman on the Metolious. Hopefully things will be opening up by the time you want to go. There are several camp sites directly on the water.
Yes, it's a beautiful camp and the Metolius is gorgeous. Good luck catching anything there. Still, it's a great place to stay and you can catch little guys, though the big Bulls are likely to frustrate you. Scenery is very nice and you can walk from Camp Sherman right upriver to where the headwaters spring out of the rock. If you DO manage to hook a bull trout, you must release it. Have fun!

LilCutts

fish & whistle
WFF Supporter
Leech Lake has a camping spot if you're OK with a tent, and it's a gorgeous lake. It's full of brook trout, which I happen to love fishing for, and the view (especially on the drive out) is to die for. Not a huge lake and the boat launch isn't perfect.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts