Snoqualamie River

Heyjonj

Hey anyone have any good info or ideas on small river creeks Along I-90 for this fall? Want to get my “special lady friend“ introduced to some fly fishing. Was just planning on some short hike and do some dipping in pools with my 3wt (teach her to cast some other time and keep this outing simple). I’m more of a SRC/salmon salt water guy so would totally dig some advice from you guys and gals.
Thanks,

jaredoconnor

WFF Supporter
The Snoqualmie forks are the best place to take beginners. It's a beautiful area, the fish are insanely easy to catch and the reward is instant. I have taken seven people there, including two women, and they've all caught fish on their first try. The fish are small though, so you will probably get bored quickly.

I haven't fished there this time of year, but a size 14 elk hair caddis is a safe bet throughout the summer.

Heyjonj

yeah I figured small size cutts, small but beautiful fish, the smaller the creek the better for us...no waders or anything to lug around

Northern

It's all good.
WFF Supporter
Just got back from the SF Snoq a few minutes ago. Was there for a class of sorts, so fished a couple hours late afternoon. Lots of small trout still eager to take small/med sized dries - a trifecta of cutts, bows, and a surprise brookie!
I agree, great teaching stream.
Can be tough wading, though! The SF is low right now, but still an ankle breaker.
20200914_200644.jpg

Heyjonj

Well she owes me because I’m having to watch Dancing With the Stars so I think she’ll have an open mind??

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts