Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Fishing Near Man Made Obstructions - Is it Legal in WA?

598 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Greg Price 
#1 ·
i used to see people fish the small plunge pool near the second hatchery and the concrete runway at rocky ford, downstream of the bigger hatchery. I used to wonder if it was legal till i saw a special pass in the regs for grant county and a few other counties allowing fishing in around man ma. The verbiage is on page 20, right upper corner just below the picture of the White Sturgeon if you have the old fashioned printed version of rules.

I could not find anything saying it is illegal to fish near dams or man made obstructions in other counties.

Can someone please point be towards the rule we used to have that says we cannot fish within x amount of feet downstream of a man made creek or river obstruction? I would love to see it in the old fashioned printed fishing rules book, which is really nice now that they made it a glossy rather than newspaper material.

I got to thinking of this as i was fishing a small creek in the wilderness and came upon a natural water fall.

To my understanding, natural water falls are fair game to fish in unless special rules say no. Am i wrong?

I try to follow rules, but cannot always find the rule in the rule book.

Frustrating

See less See more
#2 ·
Pg 6 3rd column on right, is this what you wanted.
• Fish for (unless authorized by Special Rules) or harass fish within 400 feet downstream of a man-made dam, fish ladder, or other obstruction, or in rearing, holding, or passage facilities

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.