Reminiscing

Creatch'r

Unhinged Member
When we started going up there we were dropped off here, or at monroe or one other spot, while the older guys drove different places. We ended up with more fish that first year. But you know the deal, you stick a kid someplace and their going to figure it out. As we got bigger and stronger we started to explore, then got our licenses.

I used to do the same as a kid, great memories. My first memory of fishing the skykomish was at high bridge/big eddy , I was probably 5th grade. Used to fish behind the reformatory a lot too. Put a lot of lunch money in that mailbox lol.

JACKspASS

I remember Mom dropping me off at Reiter Ponds after school for me to get my continued education in steelhead, cussing, and lying. Served me well in life. I don't miss Reiter, but damn, I have alot of memories from every mile of that river...

landlocked

WFF Supporter
Is that a Simms gore-Tex?! If so I’ve got that same jacket, purchased same era. It’s got about 200 hard days on it, now resides in the rowers seat storage as an emergency coat, but what a bomber piece of equipment that is! Not sure why I ever gave up on that coat (sheds water still with a years wash in treatment) and my trusty Columbia vest...needed things newer and blingier I guess.

skyriver

Is that a Simms gore-Tex?! If so I’ve got that same jacket, purchased same era. It’s got about 200 hard days on it, now resides in the rowers seat storage as an emergency coat, but what a bomber piece of equipment that is! Not sure why I ever gave up on that coat (sheds water still with a years wash in treatment) and my trusty Columbia vest...needed things newer and blingier I guess.
Very close to the Simms! It was the REI Gore-Tex. Wouldn't be surprised if Simms sourced them from REI.
I put it through the paces. It had at least 200 hard days on it as I used it for bird hunting as well. I forget when it finally started leaking, but I definitely got my $$ out of it. I have some discount Sage jacket now, but I still have the old REI one in the garage. I don't have the heart to throw it away. :D

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts