A little rusty....

John Dude

Learned skills from George Dickel
I'm an old fan of the 6.5 bullets, from my old hunting rifle in 6.5x55 Swedish. Now have 3 6.5 Creedmoors, 2 260 Remingtons, and 2 6.5 Swedes. But I don't have a man bun

Bob Rankin

Tuglife
WFF Supporter
I'm an old fan of the 6.5 bullets, from my old hunting rifle in 6.5x55 Swedish. Now have 3 6.5 Creedmoors, 2 260 Remingtons, and 2 6.5 Swedes. But I don't have a man bun

Those are all great calibers. I love the 260 Rem! I just don’t feel like reloading, otherwise I would have one.

Hem

Seriously, i was just kidding.
I find the 6.5 Creedmoor to be an interesting caliber. If I was to consider another hunting rifle it would very well be this one.
The scofferery on some hunt forums is dedicated to instagramers (some with buns) ...a certain age bracket ....who brag about the long range capacity of the 6.5 to kill elk.i am not sold on this . However the fact that damn near any well placed shot of any caliber will kill an elk,I do not feel that people should be encouraged to shoot a light bullet long ranges on a heavy boned animal.
But again, not the point of this thread.
Nice gun and caliber for wacking coyotes.
But also glad you aren't of the man bun camp. ;)

Bob Rankin

Tuglife
WFF Supporter
This rifle hunts well, but I also know it’s limits. I’m having a lot of fun with it! I’ve played the long range competitive game and am now just enjoying hunting.

Upton O

Blind hog fisherman
Seriously, i was just kidding.
I find the 6.5 Creedmoor to be an interesting caliber. If I was to consider another hunting rifle it would very well be this one.
The scofferery on some hunt forums is dedicated to instagramers (some with buns) ...a certain age bracket ....who brag about the long range capacity of the 6.5 to kill elk.i am not sold on this . However the fact that damn near any well placed shot of any caliber will kill an elk,I do not feel that people should be encouraged to shoot a light bullet long ranges on a heavy boned animal.
But again, not the point of this thread.
Nice gun and caliber for wacking coyotes.
But also glad you aren't of the man bun camp. ;)
I guess I’m old school. The “I killed an elk at 800 yards with a .223.” just bugs the hell otta me. The animals we shoot deserve the respect of a quick, sure death and not a lingering death from an Inadequate bullet fired to feed an ego battle. I believe a person should use the largest caliber they can shoot accirately and comfortably.

I like your shooting stick, too. I became a believer about nine years ago and wouldn’t think of rifle hunting without them now. I don’t understand why more shooters aren’t giving them a try at the range. They are standard equipment in Europe and Africa for good reasons.

Last edited:

Bob Rankin

Tuglife
WFF Supporter
I guess I’m old school. The “I killed an elk at 800 yards with a .223.” just bugs the hell otta me. The animals we shoot desErie the respect of a quick, sure death and not a lingering death from an Inadequate bullet fired to feed an ego battle. I believe a person should use the largest caliber they can shoot accirately and comfortably.

I like your shooting stick, too. I became a believer about nine years ago and wouldn’t think of rifle hunting without them now. I don’t understand why more shooters aren’t giving them a try at the range. They are standard equipment in Europe and Africa for good reasons.

shooting sticks are a must! I can get real comfortable sitting and park my elbows on my knees or legs for amazing support. I was able to shoot a coyote yesterday that was pretty far out there because of these sticks.

WonkyWapiti

Just got back from the east side from my annual muzzleloader muley trip. I couldn't believe how many yotes were out there this year.

Bob Rankin

Tuglife
WFF Supporter
Just got back from the east side from my annual muzzleloader muley trip. I couldn't believe how many yotes were out there this year

I don’t think to many people are out keeping them in check. I’ve hunted 3 of my old favorite spots and seen a LOT of coyotes! Next stop will be a pheasant area I hunt.

cdnred

Does the state have a bounty on coyotes..? I know that in some areas when coyotes become a nuisance to ranchers, they'll have a bounty placed on them. Great sport and nice rifle..

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info