Kona Recommendatons

Dan Massaro

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for bonefish guides or offshore charters in Kona. Heading that way at the end of the month and hoping to do a day of fishing. I'm open to fishing gear or fly fishing. Just want to go with a good outfit if I'm gonna drop the cash.

Any recommendations for local diy beach fishing would be great as well.

Thanks in advance.

FerrousTortoise

Reach out to @Mems . I believe he guides, but maybe not while school is in session. There aren’t many guides on the Big Isand. There are a lot of really good charter captains. It has been a while, so I am not sure who is still running boats.

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
I think @Mems guides and if he does is the only Big Island guide I am aware of. If you decide to do it DIY (I always do), both he and @Mingo know that Island well. Search out their posted you shall be rewarded ;).

Kfish

WFF Supporter
If nothing else google map satellite view is your friend. Look for light aquamarine beaches, this always work well for me on vacations.

Snagly

Don Memmer is the Kona bonefish guide. [email protected] is his email and can take you on foot for a day and mark your map for the places you don't fish together. Kona has very little sandy beach, so many fewer places for bones than Oahu. There are big fish there, however. I would book him for my first day and go from there.

FerrousTortoise

I can tell you a lot about fishing from the shore in Kona, but nothing about fly fishing from the shore. All of my experience is growing up with spinning rods, bait, and lures.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts