NFR Les Schwab

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
NFR but I’m sure some have used their services for maintenance, tires or emergency services while out fishing or hunting.

Just read that the company is being sold to a California based hedge fund.
Too bad Les isn’t around to enjoy the fruits of his labor.
SF

Last edited:

Robert Engleheart

Robert
WFF Supporter
I like their service but was a little PO’d when I took my Jeep in for new tire and they said it needed front brakes; $500.
I asked for explanation, estimate included new calipers. I said it doesn’t need new calipers, only has 50K miles, pads and turn rotors only. They said they always replace calipers, I walked.
That and fact most of their tires are “House brand” soured me on them.

Buzzy

NFR but I’m sure some have used their services for maintenance, tires or emergency services while out fishing or hunting.

Just read that the company is being sold to a California based hedge fund.
Too bad Les isn’t around to enjoy the fruits of his labor.
SF

Interesting - thanks Brian.

OhioFlyGuy

On one of our trips to the Bitterroot valley a few years ago, the Les Schwab store in Hamilton, MT saved the day for tiptop and me. We seem to have an affinity for renting cars with tire issues and the Jeep we got stuck with was maybe the worst. We didn't make it from Missoula down to Hamilton before the TPMS light came on. We had long since learned to always pack a tire pressure gauge with us on these trips but actual tire pressure didn't seem to be the issue. The light would come on...go off...come on again, etc. We kept checking tire pressure every time it came on just to be sure. Finally, we decided to get it checked out before our first foray over Skalkaho Pass to Rock Creek. The Schwab guys got us right in first thing in the a.m., checked the monitoring system, replaced the bad sensor, checked all of the other tires and sent us on our way. We didn't worry about getting a flat for the rest of the trip.

IMO the words "hedge fund" and anything positive do not go hand-in-hand. They'll probably screw this up too.

Steve Saville

WFF Supporter
I use Les Schwab all the time. For tire service, I don't think it can be beat. I'm on about my tenth set of tires over the years but the outlet I use has been a local for more than 25 years. I can't say what others a like but I have had them help me out in other locations and they were pleasant, quick, and accurate with the work.

KerryS

Ignored Member
I hit a five gallon bucket that flew out of a truck on the freeway. I pulled off at the next exit and seen the sidewall of one tire was damaged. There was a Schwab tire center down the street so went in to get the spare put so I could get home safely. After they put the spare on the guy said I needed a brake job. I was a little suspicious but didn’t have time to check the brakes myself. I needed to put new rubber on anyway so I would get the brakes looked at when I took it in. Since the truck had tires on it from Schwab I took it in to my local store to get new shoes. I asked them to check the brakes on all four corners while putting on the new tires. When they were done I was told my brakes were good and were a little over 50% worn. I guess not all Schwab stores are ethical.

Cougar Zeke

Les Schwab isn't the same company they used to be. After reading the article I can see why.

I went exclusively to them for over 30 years until they tried to scam me two years in a row telling me my lower control arm bushings were torn when the only thing the car needed was an alignment. I replaced the lower control arms (which were fine) and then went in the following year when my tires were wearing the same way and they told me my lower control arms were torn to hell. I told them I had replaced them a year ago. The guy got all squirmy and made a bunch of excuses about bad overseas parts, blah, blah, blah. I knew they were lying to me and the guy knew, I knew, he was lying to me. I'll never go back and tell everyone that will listen the same thing.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts