NFR Les Schwab

Sportsman

Kelly Creek to Orofino on a donut? That's pins and needles buddy! Did you actually exhale when you hit the pavement??!!

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
LS has treated our family well for over 20 years. We have bought all of our tires there since we moved to Renton Highlands. We have had 4 Honda's and have had LS tires for both year-round and winter tires. Every fall they switched year-round tires with separately mounted winter tires. Then switched the winter tires back to year-round tires ---> no cost of course. All flats and damaged tires (holes due to nails, etc.) were no cost of course. This happened numerous times with a new tire once in awhile too...

They went beyond the 'call of duty' on one of our cars. The driver's window would not work correctly when we changed tires. Honda could not figure it out why. My wife even drove to Honda with the window half down to show them. LS determined it was a broken window bracket. No cost of course... Honda was not as cheap - $600 to fix the issue they could not identify...

I went there to buy new tires for a vehicle. I asked them for a discount since we bought so much from them. They looked up our history of purchases and gave me a 20% discount. AWESOME!

We have had numerous TPMS issues. IMHO TPMS is an engineering nightmare and should not be on new cars. LS said to lower the tire pressure by 20 % and drive a little and then fill the tire back up to correct pressure. It fixed the warning light. Has worked liked a charm too...

Next time we go there (year round tires for winter tires change-over) I will ask them if they are a company store of not. I am hoping for they say independent and not a company store...

Gadabout_Trout

I just went to LS this morning to get new tires put on one of our cars. The shop on South Whidbey has been nothing but honest and dependable. I even had them do the free visual alignment check and could have come back and said that the car needed an alignment. However, they said everything looked good. The only reason that I got tires from them is that I take our cars in twice a year to get the all seasons swapped for our wheels with winter tires on them - they always do it for free even though none of the tires were purchased through them. So I figured it was time to "appreciate" their customer service, not to mention there really isn't any other option on the south end without crossing the water. I had to get the tires replaced as they were way down on tread and I "need" to go fishing next Friday :)

Every shop is different, and car service shops are notorious for either being honest or dishonest. Find one that works and stick with it.

And yeah, TPMS is a crock - thankfully two of our vehicles are old enough they don't have sensors.

Not a fan, personally. Yeah, they're great in a pinch when you need a flat fixed (and usually for free), but the branded tires are a turn off for me. Can't compare them to anything in Consumer Reports or Car and Driver's tire tests. And the idea of replacing my calipers just to get a brake job is a real turn off.

Sportsman

I recently had LS install a set of "Back Country All Terrains", load range E. Like I said before, 50 years of 4x4 trucks and they are absolutely the best tires I have ever bought. I tend to overload my Tundra and the lateral stability is amazing. A bit stiff of a ride unloaded around town. Quiet on the highway, great in the rain or E Wa. gumbo trails. $1,000.00 out the door. Probably a "lifetime" set for me!

steelydan

Newb seeking wisdom
About a month ago, my wife and son were driving back from Ocean Shores and the car was squirming all over the road, traction lights on, etc.
She stopped at LS in Aberdeen and they inspected it on a rack and said everything was fine.
She continued on, struggling to keep the car on the road.
They stopped again at the LS in Redmond WA and left it there, Ubered home.
I asked where the hell is our car and heard the story.
I asked 'Did you hit anything?' both knowing the answer and knowing the response I was going to get ROLLSEYES.
I drove down to LS and the car was on the alignment rack and the tech was underneath-unable to identify the problem.
I walked around the car and in 10 seconds could see the drivers' rear wheel was toed out...it was obvious!
I went down into the pit and showed the guy the rear control arm was bent from no one hitting anything hard enough to bend the control arm.

To their credit, they replaced the control arm and aligned it for way less than any other shop.

cdnred

I walked around the car and in 10 seconds could see the drivers' rear wheel was toed out...it was obvious!
I went down into the pit and showed the guy the rear control arm was bent from no one hitting anything hard enough to bend the control arm.

To their credit, they replaced the control arm and aligned it for way less than any other shop.
Luckily you were able to diagnose the problem on your own otherwise they could've jacked you up big time on the bill for things that weren't needed..

doublebluff

Go Beavs
Les has always been good to me. I probably have 30 years of tires and brakes from them, in a variety of different towns I have lived in. Hopefully they don't change much as a result of new ownership.

Greg Armstrong

WFF Supporter
I hope the new owners know enough about wrenching to train their installers not to over torque the lug nuts - stranding their under gunned customers out in the middle of nowhere.

I couldn’t get the very last one off, thank goodness a guy eventually came along with a long handled lug wrench...

1601658360290.jpeg

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
I hope the new owners know enough about wrenching to train their installers not to over torque the lug nuts - stranding their under gunned customers out in the middle of nowhere.
I carry a star lug wrench in each of my vehicles, they help a lot. I have also slipped a hydraulic jack handle tube over the end of a short OEM lug wrench to give me more leverage.

steelydan

Newb seeking wisdom
I carry a star lug wrench in each of my vehicles, they help a lot. I have also slipped a hydraulic jack handle tube over the end of a short OEM lug wrench to give me more leverage.
Jack handles are the roadside equivalent of the Kentucky bluetip wrench.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts