Trip Report Bend Area Report

Yardus Maximus

WFF Supporter
Fair hooked at least 100 whiteys that day on the little D:) had a few approaching 4lbs. A fish a cast for hours... Good times but the hiking was not for the faint of heart and was quite brutal at times over the volcanic rock slides. Many scrapes, bumps and bruises attained. Netted a dozen or so bows & browns 10-16" too.

Big Rainbows a plenty on the lower D up to 19".

Crooked gave up 75-100 bows, browns and whitey. Mostly dinks8"-12" but did get 3 around 16".

Got blown off Paulina after a few hours. Picked up 2 bows 12-14" and lost one big brown right at the boat with my bro on the net... :eek:

Don't think I could catch more fish at the hatchery with a pellet fly ;)

Crushing it for 5 days straight = Priceless :cool:

Shack

Fair hooked at least 100 whiteys that day on the little D:) had a few approaching 4lbs. A fish a cast for hours... Good times but the hiking was not for the faint of heart and was quite brutal at times over the volcanic rock slides. Many scrapes, bumps and bruises attained. Netted a dozen or so bows & browns 10-16" too.

Big Rainbows a plenty on the lower D up to 19".

Crooked gave up 75-100 bows, browns and whitey. Mostly dinks8"-12" but did get 3 around 16".

Got blown off Paulina after a few hours. Picked up 2 bows 12-14" and lost one big brown right at the boat with my bro on the net... :eek:

Don't think I could catch more fish at the hatchery with a pellet fly ;)

Crushing it for 5 days straight = Priceless :cool:
Wait you caught browns in the crooked? I’ve never heard of that, I though they couldn’t live in there since they can’t tolerate a certain bacteria or something

Yardus Maximus

WFF Supporter
Wait you caught browns in the crooked? I’ve never heard of that, I though they couldn’t live in there since they can’t tolerate a certain bacteria or something
Looking through the pics of our day on the Crooked, I don't see any browns, so your probably correct. A lot of browns made it into the net that week so I might have been mixing up what we caught and where. Nymphing game was phenomenal at the Crook! Did the best in the first few miles from the dam.

Shack

Looking through the pics of our day on the Crooked, I don't see any browns, so your probably correct. A lot of browns made it into the net that week so I might have been mixing up what we caught and where. Nymphing game was phenomenal at the Crook! Did the best in the first few miles from the dam.
Ah okay that makes sense haha. I live in bend and I’ve been hitting the crooked a lot this year! It’s been really good and it’s such a fun river to fish. Great report man, thanks for posting and glad you had a good time out there

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts